Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Old T Series Hi Power. What to do?

If you're going to pay custom bucks for an adjustable sight installation and are concerned about durability, why not call Hamilton Bowen and see if he'd be willing to install one of his Rough Country sights? He makes 'em for Smiths, Rugers, etc., so I'd imagine he'd be able to do one up for your High Power.

Otherwise, either Colt or Ruger adjustable sights seem to provide a bit higher level of protection for the rear sight blade compared to S&W adjustables.

Best, Jon

Adjustables are great, but the most beautiful rear sight for semi-autos is the Heinie, made for Hipowers

Tokarev, My Hi Powers got carried off duty some, but otherwise led an easy life. I was never in a situation while carrying a Hi Power where the S&W sights were at risk of being damaged. I did carry a S&W revolver for years, with the same basic adjustable sights. There were times that I was rolling around on a barroom floor, asphalt, sidewalk, etc,etc. with some combative suspect. The S&W adjustables survived just fine.

For fronts on two of the guns, the gunsmith silver soldered in a serrated ramp. One of the three had been a factory adjustable sighted Hi Power, with the taller front ramp sight. He machined the ramp and front sight to the right dimensions for the lower S&W adjustable, and it came out looking as if it was originally designed that way. Bead blasted the top of the slide, and reblued the whole thing. Just beautiful work. Very "Old School" now days, but I believe Don Williams/Action Works in
    Arizona will still do the S&W sights on Hi Powers.

BTW, Janitor, Don Williams installed a set of Heinies on a High Power for me. I agree, the Heinies on a Hi Power are a very good looking, and practical, set up.
    Last edited by Rock185; 08-27-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    Very "Old School" now days, but I believe Don Williams/Action Works in Arizona will still do the S&W sights on Hi Powers.
    I have a 1911 and a FÉG Hi Power that Mr. Williams worked on. He does nice work and I wouldn't worry about using him again.

Regarding S&W rears; he doesn't list this mod on his site (I may have missed it) but he told me he does offer this service. Said he actually does installs on Commanders and Government 1911s fairly often.

I am just thinking of various stuff here. S&W rear, dovetailed brass bead front. Cylinder and Slide extended safety that's smoothed up and radiused a bit. Undercut the ring hammer so it doesn't bite. New blue and new grips. Should be a nifty package.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List