Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old T Series Hi Power. What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fate View Post
    Heirloom Precision and build a legacy piece.
    Cylinder and Slide can do one of their Pathfinder models since the serial number is on the side of the frame.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    T series guns aren't really uncommon and nice ones are pretty easy to come by. I don't necessarily think mine will ever be a sought after collector's piece.

If the gun was cleaner I'd likely leave it alone and enjoy as is.

Well, S&W forged internal, no-lock revolvers aren't rare either and have you seen the prices on them lately? But that out of the way, your gun looks to have what I call "honest wear". I.E. it ain't really hurt.

If it were mine I'd detail strip it, probably send it out for dovetail cuts (if needed) and install some Dawson or Novak steel sights that would be a huge improvement, and polish it up and use Brownell's Oxpho Blue on it. Done right it'll look nice and will be easy to touch up when needed. That stuff is pretty good for cold blue. It won't look like that Ford's specimen you posted, but you won't feel guilty about carrying it or running it regularly either. I wouldn't be bashful about shooting it one bit. Just my [/twocents]

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I would do what I did with the last Izzy I picked up. Hardball 1911 sights (front serrated with a vial), C&S safety, action job less mag safety, cerakote, slim VZs.

Who did those sights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve. See Tokarev’s last sort of high power thread for deets and pics.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Steve. See Tokarev’s last sort of high power thread for deets and pics.
    @Sigfan26

Scroll down towards the end:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...7&share_type=t

Hungarian Hi Power back from The Action Works

Last edited by Tokarev; 08-25-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Posts 100&112. Thanks toke.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I look at every pistol as a base gun. It’s one of my character flaws

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I look at every pistol as a base gun. It’s one of my character flaws
    I do too. At least to a certain extent.

This gun caught my eye because of its worn condition and for the fact that I wouldn't be ruining a clean collector grade pistol by getting some work done.

Were it mine, I wouldn't hesitate to refinish a T Series in that condition. Since it's not a collector grade example, I'd add good sights, a more usable safety, etc. The barrel feed ramp and chamber opening has obviously already been polished. If it functions reliably, I wouldn't worry about the "humped" feed ramp. I owned several T-Series guns, and still have one, with unthroated, unpolished feed ramps,etc. They all fed hollow points without issue. The S&W revolver sights mentioned are a practical addition to a Hi Power IMHO. I had three Hi Powers with S&W adjustable sights at one time or another. Wish I had photos, but that was before we took digital photos of everything and put them on the internet
    Last edited by Rock185; 08-27-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    S&W revolver sights mentioned are a practical addition to a Hi Power...
    Any noted durability issues, etc? And what did you have for front sights?

Something like a Smith rear paired with a gold bead front should make a nice classy combo. Plus I don't have a Hi Power with this sight combo so it would be different from my others.

User Tag List