Thread: Shadow Systems Blem frame

Shadow Systems Blem frame

Shadow Systems had blem MR918 frames for sale for $109. I ordered one last week as an inexpensive way to test out the frame to see if I liked it. I have a spare G19-4 available for parts, so why not give it a try. https://shadowsystemscorp.com/product/blem-mr918-frame/

Supposedly the blem is on the front strap, but I can’t see it.

So while making a batch of Italian meat balls

And homemade sauce in the Instapot

I put it all together..

Ran one mag through it off my deck with zero issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AKDoug; 08-23-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Need to work on my sight alignment while taking photos.. shrug.

All in all this is a really nice frame. It is a significant reduction in trigger reach for my hands and the extended beavertail is nice. I'll need to run it hard for a few sessions before I call it good.

It was well worth the $116 I paid with shipping. Shadow Systems was quick and easy to work with.

Now off to blend that sauce before the wife gets home.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Need to work on my sight alignment while taking photos.. shrug.

All in all this is a really nice frame. It is a significant reduction in trigger reach for my hands and the extended beavertail is nice. I'll need to run it hard for a few sessions before I call it good.

It was well worth the $116 I paid with shipping. Shadow Systems was quick and easy to work with.

Now off to blend that sauce before the wife gets home.
    I ordered one as well. Excited to give this frame a try. How long did it take for them to ship it? I ordered mine on the 16th and gave them my FFL contact info. Still waiting for it to ship.

I also ordered on the 16th. Shipped on the 20th, USPS Priority to Alaska. Arrived today.

BTW.. spaghetti and meatballs turned out awesome and the bride didn't even care about the new pistol.

It is amazing. Just the slightly thinner trigger guard with higher cut and the slight more beveling where your trigger finger enters the trigger guard are huge improvements. The magwell was cool as well, but was removed pretty quickly because I felt it printed more.

I have one of the very first Polymer 80 kits. That run was horrible. I got it to work just fine, but the ergo's on it weren't much better than the stock G17 I had. One of these days I'm going to grind it all down and stipple it for a range toy, but for now it sits. The new P80's look much better and very similar to this frame.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 01-08-2022 at 07:11 PM.

User Tag List