Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David Koch Has Died

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

David Koch Has Died

From BBC News:

Billionaire David Koch, a major donor to the Republican party, has died aged 79. He had been suffering from cancer.

The former majority owner of Koch Industries was ranked by Forbes, jointly with brother Charles, as the 11th richest person in the world.

Koch wielded huge political influence, bankrolling conservative causes for small government, low regulation and climate change scepticism.

He was also a major donor to medical research, education and the arts.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    RIP...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    We are diminished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Sorry for his family, however not a fan of the Koch brothers politics:

Billionaire Koch Brothers Launch Super PAC to Support Open Borders Politicians

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-politicians/
    Last edited by David C.; 08-24-2019 at 02:13 PM.
    Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    Sorry for his family, however not a fan of the Koch brothers politics:

Billionaire Koch Brothers Launch Super PAC to Support Open Borders Politicians

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...s-politicians/
    This.

The hugh "donations" made by the Koch bros. were often dollars spent to buy polititians and further their globalist agenda. They got away with passing themselves off as conservatives.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'm not convinced their agenda was leftist or conservative. I think they were in favor of whatever they thought was good for them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    They are Libertarians - Right and Left can find something to disagree with them.

Koch Industries is a major employer here in Wichita. They've always had the intent of returning the US to the mythical 1950's that never really existed. They're rich old white guys, so the republican machine loves them, but they've always been out for the Koch's, first and foremost. They're good people to work for, but I wouldn't invite any of them over for Sunday dinner.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    I can't speak for David - but Charles Koch is pretty open about his business theories (and philosophies) in his books. Market Based Management.

I have met Charles twice - I would have him over for a meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazos Dan View Post
    This.

The hugh "donations" made by the Koch bros. were often dollars spent to buy polititians and further their globalist agenda. They got away with passing themselves off as conservatives.
    Actually, they were/are Libertarians. Big difference there. Mike Pence, the current VP, was a yuge free trade conservative. Check out his voting record on free trade agreements in the senate.

https://votesmart.org/candidate/key-...e#.XWMLL-hKhPY

So I guess it wasn't an unusual conservative agenda. Or maybe Pence isn't a true conservative, don't know.
    Last edited by Borderland; 08-25-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List