Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Springer Mil-Spec price drop

Site Supporter
    I like Pachmayr grips quite a bit. They're pretty awesome for controlling my .45. I use red loctite on my plunger tubes and stake them. I'm not worried typically.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

This is an older picture of a Series '70 Colt that John Harrison did as a homage/working copy of a Pachmayr Combat Special. Note the Pachmayr grips with the wraparound panel cut away so that the 20lpi checkering is usable as well as a Pachmayr rubber-coated mainspring housing.

I still have the pistol, having carried it for years, but it has been updated. I damaged the original BoMar sight blade when I took a hard tumble and abraded the finish (three times due to carrying) to the bare metal. The original Colt barrel is gone, having been replaced with a Bar-Sto stainless barrel paired with a new barrel bushing. A new mainspring housing was fit, the magazine well discarded, G10 grips added, and a Harrison fixed rear to fit the BoMar sight cut with the same notch width replaced the damaged rear sight. The gun was finished in IonBond. Round count is over 75,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by farscott; 08-31-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Reading this thread is expensive.
    Ain't it though? It has me thinking hard about a LNIB 9mm RO Elite (IIRC) on consignment at my local pusher for $725-ish...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Ain't it though? It has me thinking hard about a LNIB 9mm RO Elite (IIRC) on consignment at my local pusher for $725-ish...
    Wow, that is a good price. The RO Elite is comparable to the STI Trojan, and the latter sells used for well over $1K. I have never seen the 1911 market as soft as it has since the 2016 election.

Damn, I didn't need to know that... #enabled
    Last edited by awp_101; 08-31-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    With the Pachmayrs I tend to cut the front strap out and just use the side panels. They work well that way and I like the look better.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Got a pic of that? I like how Pachs look on a 1911.
    I did that on my Operator. I have VZ's on it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Oh how i wish this were available in 9mm.

Site Supporter
    A duty ready 1911 for $499 would likely make me spend more money I should not spend.

While this is a good deal, I wonder how well it would stand up to high volume shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    A duty ready 1911 for $499 would likely make me spend more money I should not spend.

While this is a good deal, I wonder how well it would stand up to high volume shooting.
    I know in my heart of hearts that a $499 1911 would lead to spending a substantial fraction of the gun's cost on a set of elkhorn grips, because, Longmire.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List