Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hearing Protection

Agree on the gel cups- they make a huge difference.

I also use Macks extra soft foam plugs marketed for sleeping on planes. They are different from your typical earplug. Much softer, slower rebound. I put them in about halfway if I'm shooting outdoors. For indoor use I fully insert them.

They also have youth/female sizes which may be more comfortable since they are a smaller diameter.

I universally hate all rigid/rubber earplugs.

Anyone with Noisefighters use them with the adapter plate and Sordins? What do they do better than the Sordin OEM Gel Cups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I strongly recommend just grabbing these gel cups from Amazon for your Howard Leights. I have them, I love them.
    Have you tried them with glasses? I have the Noisefighters ones (Amazon doesn't appear puck to handle them currently), and I like the glasses relief, as my prescription safety glasses, are a tighter fit then my normal glasses (and rightly so).

Without my safety glasses, (forgot them in the shop) the range loaned me their freebies, which with glasses on get pushed away from the face, enough that I ended up with four casings getting trapped around my eyelids and temples by ill fitting safety glasses over glasses. (safety glasses are NOT universal on all frames IMHE)

Right now, I am looking at these instead, since available for some loaner/backup hearing protection: B07TZ78TD4

pix...because threads need pix

These crush OEM gels, even the "upgrade" gels from Sordin don't come close.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If you don't get noisefigters ear gels you are behind the curve.
    I think I really am behind the curve. Will check them out now. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Agree on the gel cups- they make a huge difference.

I also use Macks extra soft foam plugs marketed for sleeping on planes. They are different from your typical earplug. Much softer, slower rebound. I put them in about halfway if I'm shooting outdoors. For indoor use I fully insert them.

They also have youth/female sizes which may be more comfortable since they are a smaller diameter.

I universally hate all rigid/rubber earplugs.
    I'll surely check this out. Thanks a lot. I hope they are as soft as advertised.
    Last edited by LPadilla34; 08-26-2019 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    These folks offer earplug assortments, which are a good way to find a model that works for you.

https://www.earplugstore.com/unfoamtrialp.html
    I guess this would work for me. Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    One of these days I’m going to order a set of these:

Decibullz - Custom Molded Earplugs, 31dB Highest NRR, Comfortable Hearing Protection for Shooting, Travel, Swimming, Work and Concerts (Orange)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WIXL4UM..._QGvyDbYEG8Y5C
    Heard about these guys a lot. Gonna list this one down. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Yep, MSA's are worth the money once you start to wear ear pro a lot.

Think you were asking about some plugs for underneath. These are the most comfortable I've found and really seal and block out noise if you wet them just a tad and sink them in your ear a good bit.
    I double up when shooting indoors with these underneath my MSAs and it's completely comfortable for 2-3+ hours.

https://smile.amazon.com/3-Pair-RTSF...RC3NPEA52HARXJ
    Yeah, I need something to double up. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I use a version from Noise Fighters that allows glasses clearance as well. Gel cups make the HL's much better. https://noisefighters.com/
    Thanks! Noted AKDoug!

User Tag List