Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hearing Protection

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I strongly recommend just grabbing these gel cups from Amazon for your Howard Leights. I have them, I love them.
    Gonna check some reviews first. But I think these gel cups might do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    You can try the reusable rubber flange inserts. More comfortable IMO, even under muffs. I have more issues with glasses/sunglasses than the earmuffs themselves. Gets kinda sore on top the ears after a couple hours.

I’m tempted occasionally to forego eyepro. But when you catch a piece of jacket in the cornea, the “odds” aren’t much of a comfort.
    Tried a couple of flanged silicone earplugs but I don't feel comfortable wearing them because I have weird angled ear canals.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I have a couple HL and only use them for loaners. I find the foam very hot and sweaty and the seals form poorly around my eyeglasses.

Owned and used a pair of MSA Sordins w Gel Seals about 5 years now. Very reliable and very comfortable.

We’ve had a few threads on this.

Here is the company we did the last p-f group buy with. Excellent place to do business.

https://srstactical.com/all-products...eme-range.html

As far as things to wear under the HL, you might try one of the pre-molded inserts, such as the Shure line.

Personally when I double up I use foam inserts. There are several different shapes available so perhaps if one doesn’t fit well know, another shape might?

Thanks RJ, will check em out now.

I really wanted to get something like this one in the video but based on their website they are pretty pricey. They are basically an all-rounder and can be used for a lot of activities. I still like em though but I don't want to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If you don't get noisefigters ear gels you are behind the curve.
    D are there any alternatives to buying these direct from NF or is that the best source for these?

Asking as I need a pair for Sord. Pro-X's, DEHP's & Lib HPs so ........

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Are there any alternatives to buying these direct from NF or is that the best source for these?

Asking as I need a pair for Sord. Pro-X's, DEHP's & Lib HPs so ........
    Buy direct they ship quick and, honestly, after I got these I don't see how anyone can use anything else.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Buy direct they ship quick and, honestly, after I got these I don't see how anyone can use anything else.
    TY much, wasn't sure how long the mopes would keep ya tied up & my next stop is Noisefighters.

ETA order in & being a Sord. wearer since 2008 (TY again Pat) looking forward to a better seal for my ears sake.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 08-26-2019 at 01:59 PM.

I do use Big Ear and I have this pair. They are great and worth the buck.

Site Supporter
    No matter what type of ear pro you get, get the best and wear it always. After 43 years of cop work and over 30 years as a Firearms Instructor, using Peltor and Walkers Ear Pro religiously I have suffered hearing loss. I'm getting hearing aids in a couple days due to repetitive noise. And like I said that's despite using Ear Pro always. Plug up and using muffs would not be overkill depending on the situation.

On the bright side. Hey Doc can you write me a script for a suppressor to help protect the hearing I still have? Hey look honey I need a Can the Doc said so.....
    Last edited by MDFA; 11-09-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    TY much, wasn't sure how long the mopes would keep ya tied up & my next stop is Noisefighters.

ETA order in & being a Sord. wearer since 2008 (TY again Pat) looking forward to a better seal for my ears sake.
    I really really like my @Noisefighters gel ear cups.

User Tag List