Thread: Nature is Cool!

Nature is Cool!

You owe it to yourself to watch this video. Thunderstorms that spawn vortexes and tornadoes.

Just amazing.

https://vimeo.com/349605853
    Last edited by Trigger; 08-22-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Trying to post video link.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Site Supporter
    It’s probably because I grew up in what they call Dixie-alley, but nothing scared me more as a child than tornadoes; including recurring nightmares even though I’ve never been in one or seen one on the ground. Nowadays there isn’t a weather phenomenon I find more interesting. Thanks for posting, that was awesome.

Slightly off topic: the biggest problem local tv meteorologists have when broadcasting warnings is that a majority of people here in Alabama can’t find where they live on a map.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 08-22-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Amazing stuff. Thank you.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Amazing video.

Tornadoes are scary things. I had some close brushes with them back in Ohio. Once while in my early teens I was camping up on Catawba Island -- I was in a tent when a tornado came through. The tent -- with me in it -- was ripped out of the ground and tossed midair across the entire campground. Luckily I came away with just scrapes and bruises but the entire campground was trashed. I was pissed because it ruined some nice steaks.

Another time back in '68 we were having a party on July 4th. Tornado hit very close -- our steel basketball post was bent all the way over to the ground. As a buddy tried to run home, he was lifted off the ground and barely managed to grab onto a fence by our house -- running in midair. My dad grabbed him and pulled him to safety as we all fled to the basement.

The last time, I got the family down in the cellar and ran out to find the dog. I grabbed the dog in one hand somehow (a retriever) and ran toward the cellar's outside entrance. A huge tree limb sailed right past my head and into the distance. Not just a branch, a huge limb. The dog became a kite and I almost lost him, but managed to make it to the cellar.

My grandparents who lived in Newton Falls, OH had a tornado hit one year. Their house had minimal damage from a tree, but the brick house right next to theirs was completely gone. Nothing was left but the basement.

Frickin' tornadoes...
    Last edited by Robinson; 08-23-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    A tornado went right through my front yard when I was about 5 or 6. I don’t remember much besides being hustled down to the basement, but you could see where it cut a path right next to our house, and it threw branches and debris through a couple windows.

User Tag List