Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    LEM has nothing in common with a double action.

I always thought of it as a long travel Glock trigger.

People try to make them better, but that's the opposite of what it was designed to be...
    I understand what you're saying, and I agree to an extent, particularly regarding V1 LEM, which has characteristics of both a SA and a striker-fired action. However, in my opinion, V2, V4, V4.1 and V1.5 I argue ARE more like a DAO than a striker-fired action.

After some intensive discussion here, on HK Pro with TooSixy, and with HK CS and HK Armorers, the substitution of the medium-weight Trigger Rebound/Return Spring significantly transformed the pull resistance (particularly up to and including the break point) so that it is more akin to DAO (and what I've termed "V1.5"); trust me, I'm pretty familiar with DAO on a semi-auto....

I don't personally agree with the 4.1, which is LEM with a shorter take-up, which, while it may improve "shootability," I feel is counter to the intent and purpose of LEM. So you and I are probably on the same sheet of music there.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 08-23-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post

I don't personally agree with the 4.1, which is LEM with a shorter take-up, which, while it may improve "shootability," I feel is counter to the intent and purpose of LEM. So you and I are probably on the same sheet of music there.

Best, Jon
    4.1 is less an enhancement to the trigger and more of “I have stubby fingers and need a shorter reach trigger for proper finger placement”. The amount of difference in 4.1 is so small that it really doesn’t change anything except allowing a shooter with smaller hands get acceptable finger position.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    4.1 is less an enhancement to the trigger and more of “I have stubby fingers and need a shorter reach trigger for proper finger placement”. The amount of difference in 4.1 is so small that it really doesn’t change anything except allowing a shooter with smaller hands get acceptable finger position.
    Tend to agree with this. Had 3 V4.1 and a couple of V1s and V2s. My favorite setup by far was the TLG version.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote41 View Post
    . I can buy into that. Thanks for opening my eyes to that application. Best, Jon

I changed my P2000 V2 to a Todd Green type trigger; really like it for carry; priorities are safety, reliability, accuracy; this HK gives nothing up to my P229, P99 or 1911.

I was organizing some stuff, and stumbled on a P30 LEM, that I forgot I still had. Dry fired it some, and thought what a nice pistol. Have shot it three times in the last week, and while I wouldn’t take it to a competition, it sure seems like a nice carry pistol, especially appendix. I really can’t split it faster than .21, although that is not much of a consideration for EDC use. What it shines at is on the accuracy end of the speed/accuracy continuum. It just stacks shots into the A zone. Next up, to shoot it one hand only, where I have felt the LEM trigger was previously a hardship.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

George, it's a positive piece of cake compared to single-handed shooting my Beretta 93D-after all it's optimizations.... Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Next up, to shoot it one hand only, where I have felt the LEM trigger was previously a hardship.
    Curious as to your experiences to have formed that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Curious as to your experiences to have formed that opinion.
    Rogers School, numerous shooters.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I really like the LEM P30 trigger, but I don't shoot fast enough that the trigger holds me back. I suggest you take a look at P.E. Kelley's youtube video shooting the P30 LEM.
    Real guns have hammers.

User Tag List