Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Too late to edit, but I forgot to mention my LEM was a V2 converted to the "TLG" config. Here was another thread about P30 trigger weights: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....7-P30-Question
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Is a USP LEM going to have the same feel (in a general sense) as a P30 LEM? Are there any real differences? I would assume not, but figured I would ask.
    I may not be as sensitive to minor trigger variations as some. I have the following pistols in light LEM configuration: USP 45, USP 45 Compact, P30, HK45, HK45 Tactical, HK45 Compact. For my purposes they are basically the same. The trigger does smooth out the more you shoot it, but it is fine out of the box.

Someone else posted that the USP has a shorter reset in LEM. I'll do a side by side comparison this weekend and report back if I can detect such.
    Last edited by Gray Ghost; 08-23-2019 at 08:00 AM.

My experience with the USP has been that the USP has a shorter reset than the P30 regardless of the trigger model. However, GrayGuns recently released a drop-in part that advertises a reduced reset on the P30 series without the need to send it to him for a full trigger job. I *think* default.mp3 has one in his P30Ls, but I could be mistaken.

I've been running a P30 V2 LEM since 2010. While I'm not a pro level shooter, I do pretty well, and the trigger is not what is keeping me from the top. Great guns that are now at a reasonable price point.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    My experience with the USP has been that the USP has a shorter reset than the P30 regardless of the trigger model. However, GrayGuns recently released a drop-in part that advertises a reduced reset on the P30 series without the need to send it to him for a full trigger job. I *think* default.mp3 has one in his P30Ls, but I could be mistaken.
    The USP/HK45 series does have a shorter reset, the Grayguns kit makes the P series slightly shorter than the USP/HK45 series
    I have 3 of them. One didn’t fit (the 4.1 CDA version). Grayguns replaced it and the replacement works fine. I’ve been using them with zero issues (once installed) since they came out.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    His observation was that the gun just went off a bit later than expected, and he had driven the gun down expecting recoil. Not a flinch, just bad timing.
    This was my experience with the LEM in both the P30 and the 45C. it seems the break point is so far back in the trigger guard that the mechanics of my trigger finger were past the "straight pull back" point and i would put rounds low. Having said that, lots of dry fire cured the issue. But I had to dry fire consistently (daily) or my mechanics would be unlearned. i loved the guns, even ran the 45C in a Givens defensive pistol class. Maybe the way to think of it is the LEM is a high maintenance spouse. Pay attention to them every day and they'll make you happy.

So, a local GS has a used P30 LEM v1 for $599. Full kit, good condition. Is that a decent price? I will drive over to look at it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    So, a local GS has a used P30 LEM v1 for $599. Full kit, good condition. Is that a decent price? I will drive over to look at it tomorrow.
    Yes. That is a good price. That is what Eurooptic sells them for, and you would have to pay transfer fees on top of that. They use to by a lot more before H&K dropped the price. I think I paid $995 for mine back in 2013.

LEM has nothing in common with a double action.

I always thought of it as a long travel Glock trigger.

People try to make them better, but that's the opposite of what it was designed to be...

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    Yes. That is a good price. That is what Eurooptic sells them for, and you would have to pay transfer fees on top of that. They use to by a lot more before H&K dropped the price. I think I paid $995 for mine back in 2013.
    Here’s a V2 for $499 on gunbroker... no affiliation or endorsement of this vendor intended.

Name:  ED32042C-50A8-4D04-9210-0A5846F00535.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  26.6 KB

Any non-safety P30 you get under 600 is a solid deal. P30L’s are hard to snag a deal on right now - or even find consistently. SK’s can be grabbed sub-500 if you shop and have some patience.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List