Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

  1. #11
    Site Supporter CCT125US's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lane 7, behind the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This should be interesting.
    Yes, yes it should.....

    To the OP, do you have experience with the LEM?

    Ideal is subjective, so you won't get a solid answer.
    SWYNTS

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Yes, yes it should.....

    To the OP, do you have experience with the LEM?

    Ideal is subjective, so you won't get a solid answer.
    Nope. I am very curious and falling back on the pistol-forum varied and expert opinions.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    I can never keep the "V" numbers straight because it is different on the USP's than it is on the later guns. But yes, there are two different LEM triggers, a light and a heavy. For most pistols, the only difference is the trigger return spring, which is easily changed. The HK45C has a different hammer spring, but that is also easily changed. If you find a deal on a heavy LEM don't hesitate to buy it.
    Is a USP LEM going to have the same feel (in a general sense) as a P30 LEM? Are there any real differences? I would assume not, but figured I would ask.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Is a USP LEM going to have the same feel (in a general sense) as a P30 LEM? Are there any real differences? I would assume not, but figured I would ask.
    The P30 is a modernized USP, although some prefer the USP straight grip to the rounded P30 grip. The USP, in the form of the hybrid match LEM, has the best trigger of any hammer HK pistol. The dual recoil system of the USP is an advantage with heavy loads like .45 Super, but tends to pogo in 9mm compared to a P30. USP pistols have shorter reset than a P30.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  5. #15
    Had HK, loved HK, holstering a striker with no control gave me enough of the willies to move to Glock and a SCD. Staying with Glock because of the SCD.

    The P30 LEM always intrigued me but I really like my striker triggers...
    Last edited by Grey; 08-22-2019 at 07:26 PM.

  6. #16
    Site Supporter CCT125US's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lane 7, behind the gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Nope. I am very curious and falling back on the pistol-forum varied and expert opinions.
    In my limited experience, folks who come from a double action revolver or traditional da/sa tend to take to the LEM better. Those with only a striker fired background, not so much. I have seen very accomplished shooters give up on the LEM after many thousands of rounds. However, some have no issue after just a brief time. Just tonight, a shooter who is used to Wilson combat 1911s and tuned CZ / Shadow / Czechmates had no trouble after 1 mag. At 7 yards his first 3 rounds went about 4 inches low, and then was stacking rounds with my v1. His observation was that the gun just went off a bit later than expected, and he had driven the gun down expecting recoil. Not a flinch, just bad timing.

    The LEM has been described as a 2 stage trigger, but it needs to be rowed through the break, not an start, stop, go motion.

    What part of the country are you in? Perhaps a local forum member has one you could try.
    SWYNTS

  7. #17
    Hammertime
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I spent a lot of time/money/ammo on the LEM trigger, trying virtually every setup. The best thing I did to fix the LEM was trade them for VP9s.
    I laughed and I pretty much agree.

    I didn't know you left the LEM, but you are the second experienced shooter I have heard say something to the effect of: "The best P30 HK trigger is a VP9."
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 08-22-2019 at 09:28 PM.

  8. #18
    Hammertime
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Desert Southwest
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Perfect, thanks. Looking for something other than striker fired or 1911 style,
    The LEM is definitely different from those.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    more highly tuned S&W revolver action in a semi-auto.
    The LEM is not like that for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    LGS doesn't have any LEMs so I have to take the plunge and just get one.
    That is the only way to find out. It's unique.

  9. #19
    Easily Distracted LOKNLOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    In my limited experience, folks who come from a double action revolver or traditional da/sa tend to take to the LEM better. Those with only a striker fired background, not so much. I have seen very accomplished shooters give up on the LEM after many thousands of rounds. However, some have no issue after just a brief time. Just tonight, a shooter who is used to Wilson combat 1911s and tuned CZ / Shadow / Czechmates had no trouble after 1 mag. At 7 yards his first 3 rounds went about 4 inches low, and then was stacking rounds with my v1. His observation was that the gun just went off a bit later than expected, and he had driven the gun down expecting recoil. Not a flinch, just bad timing.

    The LEM has been described as a 2 stage trigger, but it needs to be rowed through the break, not an start, stop, go motion.

    What part of the country are you in? Perhaps a local forum member has one you could try.
    This is good advice in bold. Don't let the stagey-ness trip you up. If you can ignore that, it's really not that weird. You've just got to row through without inducing any yoink of the sights.

    I did some of my best shooting a few years back with an LEM P30. I hit a point where it made shooting a Glock seem so easy (which, it is by comparison) that I thought I was really getting something by going back to Glock... this was long before the VP9.

    Lately I've been shooting a DA/SA P30L and SK a bit. I've actually come to like the much-maligned DA HK quite a bit.
    --Josh
    When I draw, I don't deactivate the safety; I activate the danger.

  10. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Germany
    There are in fact three different versions of the LEM (at least for the P30). Numbers below copied from the P30 page on H-K's German website:

    v1: the lightest version, 24 N trigger pull weight
    v2: the heavy version, 32.5 N trigger pull weight
    v4: the medium version, 27.5 N trigger pull weight

    I think the v4 is rare or even nonexistent in the US market.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •