Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    "Warranty? What's that?" So far, the "USP" engraved on the slide has been all the warranty I've needed.
    Good point. I honestly doubt I'll be able to break this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    ...it's not a trigger system that tolerates slacking off of dryfire even for a minute. Whereas the TDA you can probably set it aside for a few months and pick it up and not be much worse for the wear. Set aside an LEM for a few months to do other things and it's gonna be a 'minute' before you're back up to speed.
    That's interesting. Yes, I've found that TDA is like riding a bike, in that once you've got enough reps under the belt, it always comes back to you. I didn't know that maybe LEM could be the opposite.

It might just be that it's been too long since I last shot an M9, but the P30 trigger doesn't really seem that much worse to me. And on another aside, is it just me or are the medium grip panels/backstrap barely any bigger than the small, whereas the large are friggin' yuge?

Quote Originally Posted by McNamara View Post
    And on another aside, is it just me or are the medium grip panels/backstrap barely any bigger than the small, whereas the large are friggin' yuge?
    Not just you.

I ground down a large backstrap a little bit more flat and used small side panels to finally get the right fit for me, and it seems like there could be an "intermediate" or "large medium" sized strap in between. Good news is, 2 minutes with a dremel will solve the problem. Be careful though, I ruined one backstrap grinding too fast and had to order a replacement.

I've been meaning to go to one of their courses, thanks for the reminder. That range is only 20 minutes from me.
    Let me know if you want to meet up and put a few rounds through a social distancing P30 and P30SK. I’m a member of that range and my work schedule is pretty light next week.
    David S.

I would definitely try shooting an LEM gun first. I have kind of the same breadth of experiences you do with trigger systems and while I liked the LEM, it is sufficiently "different" to not really have a comparison and thus has to be "seen to be believed". I both love it and hate it, I had two P30 LEMs for a while and will likely pick up a 45C and convert it to an LEM soon, but it's like being a glutton for punishment...it's not a trigger system that tolerates slacking off of dryfire even for a minute. Whereas the TDA you can probably set it aside for a few months and pick it up and not be much worse for the wear. Set aside an LEM for a few months to do other things and it's gonna be a 'minute' before you're back up to speed.
    That may be true, but a significant amount of the gap can be closed simply by a good dryfire protocol; I always dryfire prior to use/duty on any given platform.

Best, Jon

Not just you.

I ground down a large backstrap a little bit more flat and used small side panels to finally get the right fit for me, and it seems like there could be an "intermediate" or "large medium" sized strap in between. Good news is, 2 minutes with a dremel will solve the problem. Be careful though, I ruined one backstrap grinding too fast and had to order a replacement.
    My brother left the mediums all around on the P30 and it seemed to fit my hand perfectly. It now wears the small panels and I can barely tell the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Let me know if you want to meet up and put a few rounds through a social distancing P30 and P30SK. I’m a member of that range and my work schedule is pretty light next week.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. PM inbound. I work mostly from home these days so my schedule is pretty flexible.

Edited to add: Auto-forwarding. I've experienced it with most semiauto pistols to some extent, but not always consistently. This pistol does it, depending on how hard I insert a loaded mag. Does this track with others' experiences?
    Last edited by McNamara; 04-05-2020 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Forgot something

I put the larger mag release levers on my P2000, and ecently saw interference with at least one holster.

If you look at the large levers, which come stock on the P30, they are more protected. The larger levers on the P2000 stick out more. I really don’t like the stock small mag release levers on the P2000, but given the nature of how I use the P2000, am considering switching back to small levers. Anyone else have this concern?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    My brother left the mediums all around on the P30 and it seemed to fit my hand perfectly. It now wears the small panels and I can barely tell the difference!

Thanks, I really appreciate it. PM inbound. I work mostly from home these days so my schedule is pretty flexible.

Edited to add: Auto-forwarding. I've experienced it with most semiauto pistols to some extent, but not always consistently. This pistol does it, depending on how hard I insert a loaded mag. Does this track with others' experiences?

RE: Your question about auto-forwarding - both P30SK 's I've previously owned exhibited it. By my recollection, it was approximately 75% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I put the larger mag release levers on my P2000, and ecently saw interference with at least one holster.

If you look at the large levers, which come stock on the P30, they are more protected. The larger levers on the P2000 stick out more. I really don’t like the stock small mag release levers on the P2000, but given the nature of how I use the P2000, am considering switching back to small levers. Anyone else have this concern?
    Or just get a custom-made kydex that's blocked appropriately during the molding/forming process to take into account the larger levers; a good kydex outfit should be easily able to accomodate for them.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

You should do what makes you comfortable. My levers are the original. It probably costs me a couple tenths in a reload and I never worried about it...but I am the type to leave my guns stock, with maybe a sight change.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

In terms of HK hammer guns, I think of the USP family as one system, and the HK45/HK45C/P30/P30L/P2000 as another system. I like that with an HK45 or P30L holster, I can generally run all that “family” of pistols. The holster that gave me a problem with a Blade Tech OWB for the P30L. I value being able to run a bunch of holsters, from AIWB to range to retention, without fuss, so I will probably switch back to the small paddles.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List