Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    “Revolver” can mean a wide range of designs, just like “1911” or “semi-auto.” In a rough setting, I would be a lot more comfortable with a Ruger Redhawk, for example, than a Freedom Arms.
    Fair point. In my case, I'm talking about Rugers-Specifically GP100, Security Six (stainless), Blackhawk (stainless); I'd be pretty comfortable with any of them in the field. While the GP100 is blued, I wipe it down thoroughly with a Sentry Solutions Tuff Cloth prior to excursions, which has worked well.

The Rugers seem pretty well sealed from media intrusion, relatively speaking, and field-stripping, particularly for the GP100 and Security 6, is pretty easily accomplished in the field if necessary (as long as you've got a screwdriver for the necessary screws {only the grip screw on the GP100 and Security 6} the takedown pin for the captured mainspring-the OEM grips have a slot for it, but if you've replaced the grips, you may have to find another storage location for the pin).

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    what appendix holster do you use for your usp?
    JM, not sure which model, going on five years old.
    If it wasn't for the extra tuck bump, I couldn't tell it apart from my G19s Dark Star.

USPc9 is a TLG LEM, with a .45c mag release.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I thought about starting a new thread, but I searched and found this one.

I just acquired a P30 V3 from my brother today. I gave him a G17 with Dawson sights for his birthday a few years ago; he gave me his HK in exchange for a set of weights. He's definitely missing the gym during the quarantine era, eh? Anyway, I've shot this exact pistol only a few times and it's still pretty mint. The majority of my experience is with issue M9s and a bit with my old 1911s, a few striker fired pistols, and a DAO revolver. So I don't have a problem with the V3 DA/SA trigger. I think it's pretty decent, though not as nice as a Sig or maybe even Beretta.

However, I've been a longtime PF reader and have always been longing to try the LEM trigger. I found a thread on HK-Pro on how to convert the V3 to various LEM variants. How much does this cost? I'm confident in my ability to do the work, just wonder whether the price is worth the effort. As I said, I'm well experienced with TDA actions, but there's a chance I might like the LEM more. Do you guys think converting my new-ish P30 to LEM is worth voiding the factory warranty to try it out?

Quote Originally Posted by McNamara View Post

I just acquired a P30 V3 from my brother today. I gave him a G17 with Dawson sights for his birthday a few years ago; he gave me his HK in exchange for a set of weights. He's definitely missing the gym during the quarantine era, eh? Anyway, I've shot this exact pistol only a few times and it's still pretty mint. The majority of my experience is with issue M9s and a bit with my old 1911s, a few striker fired pistols, and a DAO revolver. So I don't have a problem with the V3 DA/SA trigger. I think it's pretty decent, though not as nice as a Sig or maybe even Beretta.

However, I've been a longtime PF reader and have always been longing to try the LEM trigger. I found a thread on HK-Pro on how to convert the V3 to various LEM variants. How much does this cost? I'm confident in my ability to do the work, just wonder whether the price is worth the effort. As I said, I'm well experienced with TDA actions, but there's a chance I might like the LEM more. Do you guys think converting my new-ish P30 to LEM is worth voiding the factory warranty to try it out?
    I did the conversion, but kept the de cocker. So its LEM, but also I can Decock and fire the first shot DA if I want. The parts change was about $200 I think. It’s been a few years. You can save a little buy keeping the same decocker.

As far as warranty goes, you could always change it back.

Dobbs and Bolke are running First Responder in mid May. They may have a LEM gun or two that you could borrow and run. That course is highlights the LEM’s strengths.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by JDB View Post
    I did the conversion, but kept the de cocker. So its LEM, but also I can Decock and fire the first shot DA if I want. The parts change was about $200 I think. It’s been a few years. You can save a little buy keeping the same decocker.

As far as warranty goes, you could always change it back.
    Good point about changing it back, vis-a-vis the warranty. The cost of parts sort of puts me off, but it's the same as buying 3-4 extra magazines or a couple of range sessions, I suppose. Worth a try!

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Dobbs and Bolke are running First Responder in mid May. They may have a LEM gun or two that you could borrow and run. That course is highlights the LEM’s strengths.
    I've been meaning to go to one of their courses, thanks for the reminder. That range is only 20 minutes from me.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If you're confident with the DIY route, figure out your part number list from geek-out discussions on HKPro. Then go to the HK Web Shop. If something is out of stock or the part number doesn't come up, give them a call. They generally will accept backorders. Order takers are friendly, and the prices are ~1/3 to 1/2 lower than most other retail sources.

Also, check whether the warranty transfers from the first owner to you.

Finally, in the past, I've seen H&K techs state that they can generally see the witness marks when parts are changed by other people without the tools HK USA uses - little scratches, etc. So it's conceivable that if you do the "put it back to stock" and send it in for warranty work, they'll know.

Most of my USPs come to me in the condition of, "Warranty? What's that?" So far, the "USP" engraved on the slide has been all the warranty I've needed.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I would definitely try shooting an LEM gun first. I have kind of the same breadth of experiences you do with trigger systems and while I liked the LEM, it is sufficiently "different" to not really have a comparison and thus has to be "seen to be believed". I both love it and hate it, I had two P30 LEMs for a while and will likely pick up a 45C and convert it to an LEM soon, but it's like being a glutton for punishment...it's not a trigger system that tolerates slacking off of dryfire even for a minute. Whereas the TDA you can probably set it aside for a few months and pick it up and not be much worse for the wear. Set aside an LEM for a few months to do other things and it's gonna be a 'minute' before you're back up to speed.

There are a pair of v1 p30's milled with L&Ms aimpoint acro adapters on gunbroker right now. I was going to grab one or both when there were 3 available but my plans are on temporary hold. Passing along the deal.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/863711033
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

McNamara,

I’m in a similar boat. Looking at converting a USP 45 FS to LEM. I’ve read a lot of posts on P-F. They have conversion kits on HKparts.. I’m 80% percent there on ordering the kit and pliers. I haven’t looked on the HK webshop, yet.
    A few YouTube videos I’ve found helpful have been:
    - Which LEM is best LEM by Devil Dolphin...he talks about some differences...mentions the P30 quite a bit.
    - USP Trigger weights by FirearmTutorials....

The YouTube videos are really nice to watch for more LEM context. You may want to search more P30 specific.

HKpro is cool, just gotta cut through the BS. Anything on there posted by Twosixy is LEGIT.

Good luck

Jereny

User Tag List