Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

HK P30 LEM Trigger

The fact that there is a P30/P30SK thread that got pulled up today with loads of pages is a coincidence.

So, for a P30 or P30sk v1 LEM. What is the best way to get the ideal trigger? If it is a v1 LEM will it generally be out of the box excellent with respect to the trigger or does it frequently require some kind of "special attention"?

I am looking at grabbing one off gun broker, so just want to know what to expect.

Side question, is there a particular HK model other than a P30sk (glock 19 sized or smaller) that best exemplifies a DAO LEM trigger?

This should be interesting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    The fact that there is a P30/P30SK thread that got pulled up today with loads of pages is a coincidence.

So, for a P30 or P30sk v1 LEM. What is the best way to get the ideal trigger? If it is a v1 LEM will it generally be out of the box excellent with respect to the trigger or does it frequently require some kind of "special attention"?

I am looking at grabbing one off gun broker, so just want to know what to expect.

Side question, is there a particular HK model other than a P30sk (glock 19 sized or smaller) that best exemplifies a DAO LEM trigger?
    I spent a lot of time/money/ammo on the LEM trigger, trying virtually every setup. The best thing I did to fix the LEM was trade them for VP9s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I spent a lot of time/money/ammo on the LEM trigger, trying virtually every setup. The best thing I did to fix the LEM was trade them for VP9s.
    So reliability?

So reliability?
    They are HKs, so mine went bang every time. I liked the guns as a "street trigger," but got tired of trading in performance for that.

My primary carry guns are an HK45 and a P30 both with light LEM triggers. Both are excellent out of the box, and you certainly don't need to do anything to them other than shoot them in my judgment. If you really want a striker-fired gun or a single action gun, then buy one. But if the idea of a pre-cocked, light DAO trigger with a relatively short reset appeals to you, then give it a try. I think it is just about perfect for my purposes, meaning defensive carry.

I have a number of pistols, including a VP9, various Glocks, 1911's, etc. I think the H&K light LEM trigger is the bees knees.

ETA: Both run like sewing machines.
    Last edited by Gray Ghost; 08-22-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post
    My primary carry guns are an HK45 and a P30 both with light LEM triggers. Both are excellent out of the box, and you certainly don't need to do anything to them other than shoot them in my judgment. If you really want a striker-fired gun or a single action gun, then buy one. But if the idea of a pre-cocked, light DAO trigger with a relatively short reset appeals to you, then give it a try. I think it is just about perfect for my purposes, meaning defensive carry.

I have a number of pistols, including a VP9, various Glocks, 1911's, etc. I think the H&K light LEM trigger is the bees knees.

Perfect, thanks. Looking for something other than striker fired or 1911 style, more highly tuned S&W revolver action in a semi-auto. LGS doesn't have any LEMs so I have to take the plunge and just get one.

Quote Originally Posted by MattF. View Post

Is there only a v1 LEM or is the v2 a LEM as well?

V1 is light. V2 is heavy.

Not an expert but I went from g19 to others to p30/sk back to Glock.

I'm sure many here have done the same. Having the ability to safely holster a chambered Glock with a "gadget" brought me back.

In the end I shoot HKs better in slow fire /bullseye type shooting. For faster more "practical shooting I'm much better with Glock. Fwiw I haven't tried a gen 5 yet.

I don't think you'll get many responses here because discussion of the p30/LEM has already been discussed throughout the last few years here.

HKs are great. I have logged approx 12000 rounds between 3 p30s/sk and have exactly one malfunction and it was likely ammo related.

Good luck.

Is there only a v1 LEM or is the v2 a LEM as well?
    I can never keep the "V" numbers straight because it is different on the USP's than it is on the later guns. But yes, there are two different LEM triggers, a light and a heavy. For most pistols, the only difference is the trigger return spring, which is easily changed. The HK45C has a different hammer spring, but that is also easily changed. If you find a deal on a heavy LEM don't hesitate to buy it.

User Tag List