Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Hammertime
    Also adding the USPc into the mix. I know it is a beloved HK, but I absolutely could not get along with the grip. It was just too tiny. I couldn’t shoot it well at all compared to the P2000 or P30.

I use the largest grip panels all around on the P30. I don’t have large hands but I like the extra surface area.

I use the Large rear panel on the P2000. The XL is a big jump and makes it way too oblong.

All this makes me think I need a full sized USP.

And beyond all this I really like the Glock grip best and shoot them bare of any back straps.

After transitioning to the HK45 from the USP45 I was in love with the grip. That evaporated when I wasn't able to shoot it better. It took a good while to get back to where I was with the USP. One area where the HK45/P30 wins for me is "grippyness'. The USP was slippery when wet if you will, any amount of sweat without some grip tape was not good.

I just put a set of HD XR sights on my old P30 LEM, retiring that old set of Heinie sights. They regulate well.

My wife and I were working a difficult steel array with our CO pistols, and at the end I dragged the P30 out. Two hand was fine, but I made the mistake of shooting that array with one hand with the P30. I consider my one hand skills to be strong, based on Rogers School and USPSA classifier benchmarking. I flat out suffered one hand with the P30 LEM today, bring back old P30 LEM frustrations on my first visit to Rogers. In the next day or two, I am going to bring out a USP FS 9 and test my theory that the P30/HK45 style grip is particularly unsuited to one hand shooting.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    ..... test my theory that the P30/HK45 style grip is particularly unsuited to one hand shooting.
    What are you comparing, and why would the grip make a difference?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

What I note is a difference in how I shoot the P2000/USP FS compared to the P30, with the P30 much harder for me to shoot with one hand. I am going to do some testing, but my theory is the P30 grip is more friendly to two hands, where both hands settle into the rounded shape of the P30 grip. With just one hand, when I hold the P30 and compare it to a straight grip HK like the P2000 and USP, I notice the rounded shape of the P30 makes my grip less consistent, and the pistol seems to be swimming. I am hoping to head back to the range shortly and do some science.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Before you blame it on the grip, what is the trigger weight comparison?

I've always felt that the trigger pull on the P30 was on the heavy side, no matter what you did to it, but if you teach yourself to accelerate through the press, the weight issue goes away. It could also be that you tend to pin the trigger.

We need Jerry Miculek to teach us how he does it with a revolver 😎
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I just put a set of HD XR sights on my old P30 LEM, retiring that old set of Heinie sights. They regulate well.

My wife and I were working a difficult steel array with our CO pistols, and at the end I dragged the P30 out. Two hand was fine, but I made the mistake of shooting that array with one hand with the P30. I consider my one hand skills to be strong, based on Rogers School and USPSA classifier benchmarking. I flat out suffered one hand with the P30 LEM today, bring back old P30 LEM frustrations on my first visit to Rogers. In the next day or two, I am going to bring out a USP FS 9 and test my theory that the P30/HK45 style grip is particularly unsuited to one hand shooting.
    Are the Trijicon HD sights death to shirts on a P30 like with most guns? I've heard that that's not the case so much with them on USPs but never really heard in regards to the P30 platform. I want some good visibility night sights on my P30 that won't destroy my clothes

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Are the Trijicon HD sights death to shirts on a P30 like with most guns? I've heard that that's not the case so much with them on USPs but never really heard in regards to the P30 platform. I want some good visibility night sights on my P30 that won't destroy my clothes
    For me Trijicon HD sights were a no go. Super sharp, and did not regulate. Not to pimp Night Fision, but visibility is outstanding.

Name:  20200414_200403.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  10.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    For me Trijicon HD sights were a no go. Super sharp, and did not regulate. Not to pimp Night Fision, but visibility is outstanding.

Name:  20200414_200403.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  10.1 KB
    Thank you. I believe you and I discussed the Night Fision sights on another thread, maybe your training journal, and I'm still leaning pretty heavily towards those. I just wish their new Glow Dome options were available for HK, but so far just seem to be for their Glocks and maybe M&Ps or 320s. HK is such a red headed stepchild for sights.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thank you. I believe you and I discussed the Night Fision sights on another thread, maybe your training journal, and I'm still leaning pretty heavily towards those. I just wish their new Glow Dome options were available for HK, but so far just seem to be for their Glocks and maybe M&Ps or 320s. HK is such a red headed stepchild for sights.
    One more outside. Currently doing a compare and contrast between the P30 / USP9c that I'll post up in several days when I'm done. After that I'll do LHO /RHO results.

Name:  20200414_201344.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  82.1 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List