Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    Picked up another P30L V1 last week, prefer the V1 over "Lite" the V1 in my experience seems shot to shot seems more consistent regarding trigger play. I have several LEM's, will all eventually convert to v4.1. sending the newer HK this week to have v4.1 installed & Heinie Straight 8's. I will say it seems to me the "CA" 2020 LEM is best LEM press to date. Not sure what others have experienced.
    What exactly is the "CA" LEM?

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    What exactly is the "CA" LEM?

Best, Jon
    CA Date Code on Slide=Build year 2020
    BK Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by HALO51 View Post
    CA Date Code on Slide=Build year 2020
    BK Receiver
    Duh...I feel like an idiot. I thought the "CA" referenced some California specific mandated spring weight set-up.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The P series LEM has a lot of pre travel, and to shoot quickly I want to get through that pre travel as quickly as possible. Less resistance is better for me, as I am trying to make it more single action than double action.
    Looks like you put your new one up for sale? Moving away from the LEM trigger system @GJM?

Quote Originally Posted by fpnunes View Post
    Looks like you put your new one up for sale? Moving away from the LEM trigger system @GJM?
    Nope, but moving to the P2000.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a pair of P2000 DA/SA pistols and a half dozen P2000 LEM pistols. I have been doing some comparing, including putting the trigger gauge on them. The DA/SA obviously has a heavier initial pull than the LEM, but the SA and LEM trigger pulls are the same weight, assuming lite LEM. The difference is the LEM trigger has more pre travel than the SA.

In deciding between the two trigger systems, one needs to decide whether a heavier initial trigger pull is good or bad, and how their shooting style meshes with more pre travel for successive shots.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In deciding between the two trigger systems, one needs to decide whether a heavier initial trigger pull is good or bad, and how their shooting style meshes with more pre travel for successive shots.
    I'm currently running v1 in my primary P2000. I find that heavy LEM makes distance precision taxing. My notes from several years ago state that light LEM (v1) did not seem to reset fast enough for me. Should get some range time in tomorrow and do some speed work. I have been heavily focused on accuracy over the past weeks.

So far, here is the rundown.

Reasons for switching to the P2000.

Compared to P30 v1:
    With a Night Fision FS, and Trijicon RS, the accuracy is equal to the P30. Flat sides prevent "swimming" during recoil, provides better tracking freestyle, LHO/RHO. Reduced weight and size.

Compared to USP9c v7:
    Slightly longer sight radius, barrel, ambi slide release, and easier WML capability. Reduced weight.

I shot an 89-1x with the P2000 v1 on a B8 at 50 yards. Several points were dropped due to rushing the shot as I was anticipating wind gusts. This is such an accurate combo for me.
    Taking a break from social media.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I'd suggest light LEM, and then swap trigger return springs until you find your Goldilocks setup. This is what I've been working on with USP, except Match Hybrid and then TRS spring selection. Pretty happy with Match Hybrid plus heavy TRS so far.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've been shooting my P30 V1 for just over a year now, and I really like it. Reading this thread has me curious about the P2000, in regards to the difference in the effects of the grip on shooting performance.
    I've held one, but never fired one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I've been shooting my P30 V1 for just over a year now, and I really like it. Reading this thread has me curious about the P2000, in regards to the difference in the effects of the grip on shooting performance.
    I've held one, but never fired one.
    For me, the P30 performs better than the P2K and I find it more comfortable to shoot. It could be that I shot 1911's for years as the contours are similar to the P30.

The P2K is more similar to a Glock with the flat sides.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List