Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How do you like 4.1 with the GGI kit?

As to P30 vs P2000, given how different the grips are, it should come as no surprise that people have very different opinions. No different than a standard Beretta 92 vs a Vertec grip.
    I'll be honest, I didn't measure the difference before the TLG LEM setup, then 4.1, then GGI so it's difficult to talk in specifics. With all 3 combined, the reset is the shortest it has ever been, so I definitely like that.

I did the DA/SA thing years ago with SIGs, some HKs, etc. So it's nothing new for me. That said, I've been shooting Glocks significantly over the past 10yrs. Getting used to the longer reset in an LEM or DA/SA SIG has always been an issue for me. This combined setup has made it pretty much a non-issue at this point.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

I have found that the benefits from the V4.1 and GGI reduced reset kit are very minimal. If I were to pick up another P30 LEM today, I would only replace the trigger spring to the V4 spring and the FPBS spring to a reduced spring. I feel that those two springs pay more dividends than the 4.1 or GGI kits. The combination of the 4.1 and GGI reduced reset feel great, but when looking at stats without the two, there was no appreciable payoff.

I just got a pair of P2000 pistols back today from installation of the GGI reduced reset kit. The reduction in reset is noticeable dry firing — will have to see what I observe at the range.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I agree, and anyone telling you otherwise is just immature.

Years ago I shot a USP and didn't like it at all. Never even gave the P30 a chance until ToddG started playing with one and YVK brought his to the range. Two weeks later I had one and eventually migrated to it. There are some 1911's still in the safe but I wanted the higher capacity so I could shoot what I carry in 3-gun.
    I never would have thought of 1911’s and P30’s getting along. I remember hearing Paul Sharp say somewhere that he likes both too.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    I never would have thought of 1911’s and P30’s getting along. I remember hearing Paul Sharp say somewhere that he likes both too.
    They are different in a lot of ways but both point almost the same for me.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    For me, the HK45 grip is very similar to a 1911 grip. I have similar reservations about them both, for my hands.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I got to shoot a P2000 with the GGI reduced reset kit this afternoon. I do believe it is an improvement over a LEM trigger without the part, and it makes a P series trigger feel more like a USP. That said, it is still much easier to shoot a stock Gen 5 Glock trigger for anything speed focused.

I got to shoot a P2000 with the GGI reduced reset kit this afternoon. I do believe it is an improvement over a LEM trigger without the part, and it makes a P series trigger feel more like a USP. That said, it is still much easier to shoot a stock Gen 5 Glock trigger for anything speed focused.
    Not really worth the squeeze if I'm good with assessment speed splits?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Not really worth the squeeze if I'm good with assessment speed splits?
    While I don’t think $400, or whatever GGI charges, makes sense for their trigger job, for $85 I think the kit is worthwhile for a dedicated HK shooter, as it makes a P series trigger more like a USP. I see shooting speed and assessment as being separate — the faster and easier you can shoot accurate shots, the more time you have to assess.

What is the difference in trigger pull weight between the modified P2000 and the Gen 5 Glock that you are comparing?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List