Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30 LEM Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Next up, to shoot it one hand only, where I have felt the LEM trigger was previously a hardship.
    I have found the USP9C to be much more LHO / RHO friendly. The profile of the front and back strap, is just working better for me. It seems to resist negative input better and is more forgiving in my hands. As much as I love the P30, multiple metrics tell me I don't shoot it as well as the P30. The performance gains, trump the positive attributes of the P30.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    I have found the USP9C to be much more LHO / RHO friendly. The profile of the front and back strap, is just working better for me. It seems to resist negative input better and is more forgiving in my hands. As much as I love the P30, multiple metrics tell me I don't shoot it as well as the P30. The performance gains, trump the positive attributes of the P30.
    I am genuinely curious as to how it shakes out. On some other stuff, I feel like I am shooting the P30 better than I remembered it from years past, so I am optimistic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I recently moved back to hk lem after a divorce. Carry a 30sk and have had no regrets. After one magazine I was doing fine in standards, even compared to the Wilson combat 1911 I was carrying

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was organizing some stuff, and stumbled on a P30 LEM, that I forgot I still had. Dry fired it some, and thought what a nice pistol. Have shot it three times in the last week, and while I wouldn’t take it to a competition, it sure seems like a nice carry pistol, especially appendix. I really can’t split it faster than .21, although that is not much of a consideration for EDC use. What it shines at is on the accuracy end of the speed/accuracy continuum. It just stacks shots into the A zone. Next up, to shoot it one hand only, where I have felt the LEM trigger was previously a hardship.
    You know life is good when you happen to find an HK P30 LEM laying around!

I have one, and am interested in trying the V1.5 Jon mentions. Think that would be closer to the trigger on my USP, which is probably the smoother of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by vsdtrek View Post
    You know life is good when you happen to find an HK P30 LEM laying around!
    First time reading a GJM post?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    LEM has nothing in common with a double action.

I always thought of it as a long travel Glock trigger.

People try to make them better, but that's the opposite of what it was designed to be...
    Ummm, where do you get the idea that LEM has nothing in common with a double action? I guess from a strictly mechanical analysis you might be somewhat correct, but from an operational aspect I find it most similar to DAO-especially if you use any trigger return spring that's heavier than the V1 Light LEM.

I've heard several analogies offered regarding LEM-ranging the gamut from a longer-triggerpull SA, light DAO, and your long-travel Glock suggestion.

In my personal experience, LEM is highly characterized by the weight of the trigger return spring utilized. And also by putting in some dedicated use and experience with it. My suggestion is that you approach it as Dagga Boy addressed it in his excellent discussion, and then modify it to meet the characteristics you desire; I personally use only HK CS and HK OEM parts, but there are aftermarket alternatives out there, with varying recommendations, prices, estimated work times and reputations.

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    People try to make them better, but that's the opposite of what it was designed to be...
    Find one, and shoot it, and TRY not to compare it to ____. It's a VERY unique system, and the quote below touches on this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    In my limited experience, folks who come from a double action revolver or traditional da/sa tend to take to the LEM better. Those with only a striker fired background, not so much.
    I completely agree! The part in bold, above, is maybe the most valuable bit of info in this thread, but there obviously are exceptions. My wife and I shot nothing but Sig's (226 & 229) before my wife migrated over to an HK P30SK V1, due to trigger reach issues on her 229, and she loves the V1 LEM, as did I, and ended up getting a V1 P30 for myself.
    As far as the quality of the trigger itself, all three of ours felt absolutely identical out of the box (excellent). No grittiness, to odd characteristics of any kind, just a wall, and a clean break. No need for any trigger work, IMO. If you buy one and don't like it, no worries, it'll be easy to sell.

Hammertime
    I have thought about trying the reset reducing linkage from Gray Guns, but worry it may affect the incredible reliability of the LEM system.

I shot the LEM at the range today. Right and left hand only, everything into a two inch dot at 7. Eight inch steel at 15 yards was fine at speed. I did notice I needed to prep beyond the initial wall. Worked well enough, I am satisfied for EDC. My impression today, as previously, as for whatever your skill level, your performance is a tad less with the LEM. Administratively, it is a great pistol for less experienced shooters, but for higher performance you need well developed fundamentals of grip and trigger.

I think I have light LEM, but that is a guess. The trigger has a wall, a bit more travel, then it breaks.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Im a bit of a broken record but had a decade on duty with a USP 45 which was converted to LEM when they first came out around 01 or 02, and a decade with an HK45 light LEM. I like them both and find the reset pretty similar. I have trained up many officers on the LEM system and don't have any issues getting folks qualified. (won't pretend this is any feat) I can rip .17 splits with the HK45 at hosing distances. I bought a P2000 9mm LEM several years ago to carry off duty. We have a contentious relationship. It might as well be a completely different trigger. The reset is frustrating and vague and causes me to short stroke it after shooting the USP and HK45 for so long.

User Tag List