Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal's New User Agreement

PayPal's New User Agreement

Paypal is changing their user agreement effective July 1st.

You consent to receive autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages from PayPal at any telephone number that you have provided us or that we have otherwise obtained.
    The new terms of service are not opt-in, so you have to opt out prior to July 1st if you do not agree to them.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

And they need this why exactly? I'm really sick of toolbags, pretty close to closing out everything electronic save the bare essentials.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

I obviously need to find something to replace PayPal
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I obviously need to find something to replace PayPal
    I use Google Wallet. Works very similar to PayPal, but also gives you the ability to pay using your Android phone's NFC or an issued Visa debit card. Money transfers are free to/from your checking account and other Wallet users.

I'm cool with that.

They get Detective Johnson...who's at the homicide crime scene...standing over my body...answering my phone...asking why they are calling and who they are...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It's the automated fraud detection stuff like what credit card companies have. It calls/texts you if it thinks it has fraud charges on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    It's the automated fraud detection stuff like what credit card companies have. It calls/texts you if it thinks it has fraud charges on your account.
    That's my take and I appreciate those features. I spent 2 weeks outta town and my bank and CC provider were spot on in catching abnormal spending with text and phone call. A simple "yes" reply resolved one instance, a 75 second phone call took the other. I still triple layer the foil though.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

It appears that's not all they will be calling/texting with (underlines mine):

Quote Originally Posted by Paypa's New Policy
    We may place such calls or texts to (i) notify you regarding your account; (ii) troubleshoot problems with your account (iii) resolve a dispute; (iv) collect a debt; (v) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, (vii) contact you with offers and promotions; or (viii) as otherwise necessary to service your account or enforce this User Agreement, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you.
    Thanks but no thanks. I prefer any more readily documentable solutions for fraud/collections issues, anyway (i.e., email). As a result, I closed my account just moments ago. (not that I've used it in the past year, so...)

If that was the sole noble purpose they could have worded it to specifically only include fraud warnings. They're not stupid, they worded it this way on purpose. Considering past policies, it's not surprising. Time for alternative shopping.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

My Cabela's Club VISA has been hacked twice. Both times, a live person from that bank's fraud division or whatever called to verify/not verify the suspect purchases; the same day they occurred.

When I get an auto-dialled call ("Hey there, don't hang up!") I hang up.

User Tag List