Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I tried to buy a gun at Walmart twice, and roadblocks left me empty-handed both times

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    She did seem genuinely surprised that she couldn't just buy a machine gun like a gallon of milk.
    It is not the same, milk must remain refrigerated, while you get machine guns much more easily over the internet, they come straight to your house without a background check. This is known as the widely publicized "Internet Loophole" that the presidential candidates all insist exists. I know this is true, I read it on Facebook, or Instagram.

Site Supporter
    She needs to try Cabela's next - I have bought cars faster than I been able to buy a gun at Cabela's. It is a team event as multiple employees and leaders must peruse the sale, documents, forms, IDs, etc. And this was on a mere "deer rifle" not some evil looking device.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    She needs to try Cabela's next - I have bought cars faster than I been able to buy a gun at Cabela's. It is a team event as multiple employees and leaders must peruse the sale, documents, forms, IDs, etc. And this was on a mere "deer rifle" not some evil looking device.
    You can say that again. Took me almost 45 minutes to pick up a receiver I had already paid for (purchased online and picked up in store). I won't make that mistake again.

I haven't bought a firearm from Cabela's except once - about ten years ago. I live about an hour away from one here in the Phoenix area, and I only go there perhaps once every 10-15 months.

But when I am there, I get the impression that those who purchase firearms are purchasing nuclear arms, not pistols, rifles, and shotguns. One would think the store is run by the US government, it is so burdened by processes and procedures.

Site Supporter
    Interesting because I bought an AR receiver from Cabelas a bit over a year ago and didn't find the process any more onerous than via any other dealer I've purchased from (LGS and gunshow dealers). It was an online purchase, so the only thing I had to do at the store was fill out the paperwork. It wasn't a big deal and didn't take long at all.

Chris

Site Supporter
    In the 1980's a man walked up to a Texas Wal-mart gun counter which had a new or temporary clerk. I say temporary because the regular clerk had left to go to the restroom. The man bought a gun without completing any paperwork. The temporary clerk was ignorant of the requirement. The customer left and drove a few blocks and held up a bank. The event embarrassed Wal-mart

User Tag List