Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P30SK high-capacity magazine info?

My factory 13r has been perfect so far. It fits my big hands very well.

I've put just under 2k rounds through my pair of OEM 13 rounders without a single issue. If I could be picky, I would say that I don't care for the slight "wiggle" when I really squeeze during a firing cycle but it certainly should not dissuade anyone from giving them a try. That said, I usually just carry my P2000 for the same capacity without the grip shift. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I will note that Glocks do not suffer from the over insertion issue like the H&Ks do, so there is much less incentive for the sleeves, since they do not provide any additional reliability.
    Agreed. I am of the belief that the “over insertion” problem is with single stack mags like a 1911 or P220. I’ve used longer Glock mags as reloads for 13 years without any issues.

Fly Out - you might page some of our Border Patrol and CBP members. I’ve know several who use longer mags for reloads on their P2000sk’s. They can provide a better sample size.
    Last edited by El Cid; 08-27-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Just a note which may or may not be relevant to this thread, since I have no experience with VP9SKs with extended mags. My "small" carry gun is a P99C, which I carry with the ten round mag in the gun and a full-size mag with spacer as a reload. When reloading, the ten rounder ejects with alacrity, but the spacer on the full-size one becomes part of the grip and catches on my hand, requiring the mag to be pulled out of the gun. If this is the case with the VP9SK, I'd think twice about carrying it with the extended mag in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Just a note which may or may not be relevant to this thread, since I have no experience with VP9SKs with extended mags. My "small" carry gun is a P99C, which I carry with the ten round mag in the gun and a full-size mag with spacer as a reload. When reloading, the ten rounder ejects with alacrity, but the spacer on the full-size one becomes part of the grip and catches on my hand, requiring the mag to be pulled out of the gun. If this is the case with the VP9SK, I'd think twice about carrying it with the extended mag in the gun.
    I can attest that for the VP9SK, this isn't an issue with the factory 13-rd and 15-rd mags with integrated sleeves.

Site Supporter
    @Zimmer81 - Cool.

User Tag List