Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P30SK high-capacity magazine info?

P30SK high-capacity magazine info?

Are the factory 13- and 15-round 9mm magazines completely good to go for the P30SK?

I looked for an old thread to bring back to life, but this seems most efficient...

Thanks for sharing any experiences you've had.

Site Supporter
    I love my 13 round Mags for my P30sk and they have been perfect. They give the gun a double stack, Glock 43x feel. I am a fan. 👍🏻

Few hundred rounds trouble-free rounds through my girlfriend's P30sk 15 rounder. Not nearly as exhaustive a test as you'll normally find here on PF, but it's an HK using an HK mag. I believe it to be pretty unlikely you'll have any issues due to the mag.

I'm happy to keep getting anecdotes, but those are enough for me to order some of each.

Thanks.

The main problem I would watch out for would be a slide lock reload, if there's no spacer to prevent over-insertion; folks have apparently bent the ejector on excessively vigorous reloads and thus fucked up their guns. Other than that, should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    The main problem I would watch out for would be a slide lock reload, if there's no spacer to prevent over-insertion; folks have apparently bent the ejector on excessively vigorous reloads and thus fucked up their guns. Other than that, should work just fine.
    You can buy spacers for the full-size mags, but there are also factory mags that don't need spacers for the SKs.

I have extensively used the SK specific 13 and 15 round magazines, meaning the OEM ones with filler plates, and they worked perfectly in a VP9 SK.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a bunch of the OEM 13-rounders with the integrated sleeves. Thousands of rounds through them, mostly with VP9SK, not even a hint of a problem.

I have 2 of the OEM 15-rounders with the integrated sleeves. Very light use but no problems there either.

The OEM integrated sleeves feel a lot better and drop a lot better than "naked" mags with X-Grips sleeves added.

Site Supporter
    It's been a few years since I got out of the HK game, but those factory integrated sleeves are really nice looking. I wish Glock would adopt a "system of systems" approach and do something similar, since the X-grips look like junk.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    It's been a few years since I got out of the HK game, but those factory integrated sleeves are really nice looking. I wish Glock would adopt a "system of systems" approach and do something similar, since the X-grips look like junk.
    I will note that Glocks do not suffer from the over insertion issue like the H&Ks do, so there is much less incentive for the sleeves, since they do not provide any additional reliability.

User Tag List