Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .32 S&W at Midway

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Attachment 41599

Attachment 41600

Yeah...about that observation...😉
    Pretty much a .45 Colt - Long Colt thing, except .32s are less popular now and people haven't got their minds made up.

I looked up those advertisements so I could blow them up, and sure enough, the ammo company labels are ".32 S&W" nowhere saying "short" on the box.
    The dealers are saying "short" to try to inform their customers. It has gotten some folks confused, shooting .32 Short Colt in a .32 S&W.

There are a couple of other misnomers, heard less often now than in the past.
    The .38 S&W was known as the ".38 Regular" to distinguish it from the .38 Special.
    The .32 S&W Long was known as the ".32 Special" because it is proportioned a lot like .38 Special and to differentiate it from .32 S&W and .32 S and L Colt.
    Last edited by Jim Watson; 08-23-2019 at 09:54 AM.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Pretty much a .45 Colt - Long Colt thing, except .32s are less popular now and people haven't got their minds made up.

I looked up those advertisements so I could blow them up, and sure enough, the ammo company labels are ".32 S&W" nowhere saying "short" on the box.
    The dealers are saying "short" to try to inform their customers. It has gotten some folks confused, shooting .32 Short Colt in a .32 S&W.

There are a couple of other misnomers, heard less often now than in the past.
    The .38 S&W was known as the ".38 Regular" to distinguish it from the .38 Special.
    The .32 S&W Long was known as the ".32 Special" because it is proportioned a lot like .38 Special and to differentiate it from .32 S&W and .32 S and L Colt.
    .32 Special is a rifle caliber based on the .30 WCF case.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

You know that, and I know that, but there were a lot of customers at the store where I hung out who didn't know that.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List