Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dan Crenshaw on Joe Rogan

Surprised that no-one has mentioned the SNL thang... which I thought he handled well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    As far as I’m concerned I appreciate someone willing to talk with the enemy and try and inform them of why you have your opinion. Even if it does nothing. At least you tried.
    That used to be politics.

Now a days too many go straight to fuck you before having a conversation.
    That's todays politics.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by jrm View Post
    Can you blame him Black Panthers are scary the founders couldn’t have intended them to have guns.
    That is actually...true.

Because the founders clearly agreed upon and wrote the 3/5ths compromise AND legal precedent at the time indicated that slaves were property and had no rights (nor could they be held legally liable for things like aiding and abetting an enemy, since they had no formal citizenship status).

It's kind of why the whole reason 14th Amendment had to be written and ratified.

So, while it is true that the founders probably never intended for Black Panthers to have guns - hell they never intended for there to be black U.S. Citizens for that matter - the reasons why are precisely why Americans of color should be standing for and fighting for the 2nd Amendment directly. Because if you give a bunch of oppressed slaves firearms, what do you think will happen?

ONLY tyrants want to limit the possession of the tools necessary to prevent or defeat tyranny. We don't need to go to the American Revolution to see that, just back to about 1863.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    That is actually...true.

Because the founders clearly agreed upon and wrote the 3/5ths compromise AND legal precedent at the time indicated that slaves were property and had no rights (nor could they be held legally liable for things like aiding and abetting an enemy, since they had no formal citizenship status).

It's kind of why the whole reason 14th Amendment had to be written and ratified.

So, while it is true that the founders probably never intended for Black Panthers to have guns - hell they never intended for there to be black U.S. Citizens for that matter - the reasons why are precisely why Americans of color should be standing for and fighting for the 2nd Amendment directly. Because if you give a bunch of oppressed slaves firearms, what do you think will happen?

ONLY tyrants want to limit the possession of the tools necessary to prevent or defeat tyranny. We don't need to go to the American Revolution to see that, just back to about 1863.
    Your comments paint a somewhat incomplete picture of the Founders' attitudes toward slavery and the issue of blacks becoming citizens. Many of them had a strong desire to see slavery ended, and the 3/5ths compromise was a way to lessen the voting power of the South while ensuring that the Colonies could come together as a country. The 3/5ths provision applied only to slaves, not to free black persons in the North or South.

After centuries of slavery as an institution in America, the Founders were the first to talk seriously about dismantling it. The Revolution brought about a turning point in the national attitude toward slavery. Of course not all the Founders were opposed to slavery, and it is tragic that it took many decades and a bloody war to finally end the practice. Only within the last decade or so have the old restrictive gun laws in Georgia been reversed, which were enacted in large part to keep people other than whites from using firearms. But that is the history of the South -- not the entire country.

Site Supporter
    My high school history teacher told me that Ben Franklin said that whatever they did about slavery, they would pay for it in 100 years. He was only off by 16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Many founders hated slavery, including slave owners. The 3/5th comprise was a blessing to slaves.

I’m sure most colleges fail to emphasize this.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

So, while it is true that the founders probably never intended for Black Panthers to have guns - hell they never intended for there to be black U.S. Citizens for that matter . . .
    Free blacks appear to have been regarded as citizens in many states (contrary to Roger Taney in Dred Scott), though not in the South, at the time of the Constitution. Opponents of slavery didn't want slaves to be regarded as citizens because if they were their owners would have had a claim to their rights to vote.

I missed the part of the Constitution where the Bill of Rights only applies to citizens on top of the already enumerated points. A lot of people seem to think they are natural and you are born with them.

If we hold off support of really solid allies for the second coming of [insert politically perfect person of your choice...hold up I'll wait while you don't find any] we'll end up continuing the endless parade of buffoons. I've liked pretty much everything I've seen from Crenshaw up until his red flag comment. Including some really solid pro-gun talk. So is meme-doxxing him the right way to handle him asking the wrong question? Hell no, he needs a wall of informative correction, not a bunch of silly pics trashing him on twatstagram. Unfortunately if all the left knows how to do is whine, apparently all the right knows how to do now is meme folks to death. That may work when ChickFilA fucks up their BBQ sauce. It's not the best way to educate an ally who's made an error in judgement.

There is a time to burn people at the stake, but this wasn't it. There aren't exactly dozens of Thomas Jeffersons and George Washingtons waiting in the wings to replace him.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List