Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: If you like energy drinks

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    That a lot more in line with ketos direction than low fat, quickly digesting protein.

Might I make the overall suggestion that calories are better off chewed than sipped or slurped no matter how close they are to eating style guidelines.

But wtf do I know. I don’t even look like I work out unless I’m half naked

Attachment 44576
    Christ, I could be a "before" shot for you(neck down) . Except while sick, I do try to not go to nuts on drinkable calories. Getting back to "normal" now. Has got me used to not drinking alcohol. Going to get re- used to sufficient solid food to support my basal metabolic rate. Doing it with drinkable sugar sucks.

Completely random warning: if you stop eating, keep in mind your pee might be clear because you are processing glycogen for energy and shedding water, but you may be becoming very dehydrated. I have learned my lesson this week. Got to the "sediment oil slick" look for one pee. Whoops.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Christ, I could be a "before" shot for you(neck down) . Except while sick, I do try to not go to nuts on drinkable calories. Getting back to "normal" now. Has got me used to not drinking alcohol. Going to get re- used to sufficient solid food to support my basal metabolic rate. Doing it with drinkable sugar sucks.

Completely random warning: if you stop eating, keep in mind your pee might be clear because you are processing glycogen for energy and shedding water, but you may be becoming very dehydrated. I have learned my lesson this week. Got to the "sediment oil slick" look for one pee. Whoops.
    Agree on the water

I’m a 1.5- 2 gallon a day water guy. Pee a lot. Always clear

Site Supporter
    What’s your fitness regimen and diet regimen Duke?

If I need to ask elsewhere I will.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    What’s your fitness regimen and diet regimen Duke?

If I need to ask elsewhere I will.
    Shotgun info:

I’m eating often right now. Basically like a normal person but controlled macros

Been on a strict plan the last 6 weeks.

Current daily food is 6 whole eggs ( only source of fat) 6-7 cans of no sodium white albacore tuna (Mercury, I know) or equivalent amount of lean chicken breast, plain oatmeal ( 600-800 cals worth stacked around the workout) and either broccoli or Brussels sprouts. Both plain. Plain mustard or srriacaha only as seasoning.

I like circuit workouts liken to CrossFit so they usually have a metcon aspect.

I don’t at this point single out a time for dedicated cardio. But I do cut down 3-6 trees a week with an axe on my land and sprint up my range hill regardless of the workout.

There are no cheat days/meals/treats for me. I legit don’t want anything that most consider tempting, and I don’t waste my calories on things that don’t help me. Example - there are 130 calories and 26 grams of sugar in one “serving” of raisins...and no one eats a serving.

1/2 cup of plain oatmeal has 27G carbs, 150 calories and only 1G of sugar plus will help me build muscle and stay inline with overall food intake as I feel full.

My experience and opinion is that if folks totally cut out dairy, bread and Processed everything then the rest sort of handles itself.

Figure your Base metabolic rate and stick to it. Switch up the macros and keep the workouts the same until you see progress one way or another.

Then switch up the workout once diet is inline.

Bluntly I think most folk eat way too much and do way too little.

Agree on the water

I’m a 1.5- 2 gallon a day water guy. Pee a lot. Always clear
    I'm pretty religious about keeping my pee clear because I've had kidney stones. Still a few waiting to emerge according to back xray.

The whole "water doesn't hydrate you like (whatever they are trying to sell)" bs lately really annoys me. No, water will not make you retain water like saline/sugar/whatever, but we aren't supposed to retain a bunch. Nothing clears the kidneys like the real deal.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Energy drinks just aren't a thing for me. They just fall into the processed food is bad section of my brain. I'm not nearly as militant as Duke on food, but I want to eat real food and drink water. There is nothing real about an energy drink, or even an energy bar.

I am never doing anything that hardcorps, brother, unless a doctor mandates it.

But I plan to look at your regimen once a day during the holiday season.

Mostly, I try to follow the advice of some bright P-Fer:"don't eat like an asshole." I'd add don't drink(alcohol,sugar, etc.) like an asshole either.
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    I am never doing anything that hardcorps, brother, unless a doctor mandates it.

But I plan to look at your regimen once a day during the holiday season.

Mostly, I try to follow the advice of some bright P-Fer:"don't eat like an asshole." I'd add don't drink(alcohol,sugar, etc.) like an asshole either.
    Why not? Anyone can take the easy path.....

I see no value in allowing a stranger to be more fully vested in my health and fitness than I am.

And if we’re totally honest - your doctor doesn’t *really* want you to be totally healthy.

Why not? Anyone can take the easy path.....

I see no value in allowing a stranger to be more fully vested in my health and fitness than I am.

And if we’re totally honest - your doctor doesn’t *really* want you to be totally healthy.
    Thanks, brother. But I don't plan to turn too far from the path of hedonism; I'm too good at it.(And considering how much I have drank on a regular basis, my perfect liver function tests show my body can soak up abuse at an amazing rate. Not gonna test that too often from now on.) I have focused more on smaller quanities of my vices. I have been at my most happy when I am on that "middle path." If I tried your regimen, I have a feeling I would be tempted to go right into it's opposite.

My PA thinks I'm a health nut because I ask questions that show research, and compared to her average patient, I AM a health nut because plant matter is a regular part of my diet. Our county citizen's average diet is really sad.

But nothing tastes right now
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List