Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: If you like energy drinks

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Do you work for Monster, or just have a lot of their stickers on your truck? Do they make a combined Monster/Punisher sticker?
    Do you troll much? Sorry I do not drink energy drinks. I drink coffee every once in a while. Glad you could post something of substance to educate us. Appreciate it.

I've always avoided energy drinks mostly because I just don't care for the taste, don't trust the ingredients and I get what I need from coffee.

After looking into this brand I may re-evaluate. One of these mid match in an all day match seems like a good idea.

I had been deeply suspicious / dismissed because I drink a ///lot/// of caffeine on a daily basis. By 1300 hours if I’m tired more coffee isn’t going to help.

However, I’d had moderately good response with B complex vitamins taken as pills. This does not agree with the literature and is probably superstition / placebo on my part.

When I noticed there were said in energy drinks I gave Monster Energy a try on a road trip. It seemed to work, to a greater degree than coffee typically does under the same conditions. As far as I can tell, I get a more pronounced effect from these than from B pills, and unlike pills I don’t pee chartreuse.

They are reliably effective; I’d say I have a couple every couple of weeks, on days when it’s really hard to get through. I mention this because I don’t know if there’s an effect like tolerance, and like I said I’m off the literature anyway.

I didn’t trust the Bangs I looked at at QT because the label does not make a big deal out of the Bs — they’re more focused on the “super creatine” which, as noted by my gentle interlocutor above, is probably BS.

They do have 25% rda listed for the big three Bs, which is interesting. Monster Zero, which is almost all of my energy drink experience, has 100% of B6 and I can’t tell what else.

Bang has 2x the caffeine of Monster, but I can’t swear that it’s as effective a booster. More testing is required.

Black cherry was not as good.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Student
    Finally, a keto friendly coffee drink. It's not actually that great, but I've been waiting for this a long time.

Name:  IMG_20191108_0712008.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  30.1 KBName:  IMG_20191108_0712085.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  31.8 KBName:  IMG_20191108_0711544.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  25.2 KB

Black coffee is pretty keto friendly

Whey and casein protein that spikes insulin is not.

Site Supporter
    Peach mango, pina colada, cherry blade lemonade, and sour head are all gtg. Depending on the day 300mg caffiene in one shot can upset my stomach and give me the jitters, but taking an hour or two to drink it in the first couple hours of an 9-16 hour OT detail seems to help. Best tasting energy drink out there..

pat.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Black coffee is pretty keto friendly

Whey and casein protein that spikes insulin is not.
    How about cold brew coffee and heavy cream or half and half?

Which I am jonesing for bad now-- my current illness has my stomach all crappy.

I'd pay $5 per bottle if I could get some Lucozade. That's about my speed now. I don't think I've seen it this side of the pond.

ETA: I googled it, and now they put crappy synthetic sweeteners in it, just like all the Monster crap, Faygo, and all other things ruined by the sugar/ synthetic sweetening combo. Oh well.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 11-08-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    How about cold brew coffee and heavy cream or half and half?

Which I am jonesing for bad now-- my current illness has my stomach all crappy.

I'd pay $5 per bottle if I could get some Lucozade. That's about my speed now. I don't think I've seen it this side of the pond.
    That a lot more in line with ketos direction than low fat, quickly digesting protein.

Might I make the overall suggestion that calories are better off chewed than sipped or slurped no matter how close they are to eating style guidelines.

But wtf do I know. I don’t even look like I work out unless I’m half naked

Name:  AD7F2B8F-26AB-4DB4-8837-BF2220870DD7.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  34.6 KB
    Last edited by Duke; 11-08-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    It’s fact, not a claim. One with any knowledge on these supplements knows it is. There is no “Super Creatine” and the patent was even rejected. The CEO, Owoc, also claims it reverses mental retardation, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Huntington’s, etc. The kook, who is the self proclaimed Chief Scientific Officer of VPX only background is that of a school science teacher. I don’t know maybe he received some one on one teaching from Walter of Breaking Bad. The fact that the ingredients listed do not show actual amounts is a red flag on any supplement. Those listed were tested are only trace amounts if any exist which have no benefit at all. So a company blatantly lies and shouldn’t be held accountable for its numerous claims......nah.....it’s just a big dog pushing out a little dog.
    If you're going to put bullshit on the label, which most companies do, you might as well go big.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

All I know is they are quickly replacing Monsters in the hands of my E-5's and Below, and the gyms sell them here in Oki, Since the gyms are 24 hours that means they are available all the time..... Energy Drinks, Nicotine and Hate, that's what the Marine Corps runs on.... I've had one so far, it was purple flavored..... with some fizz, wasn't bad, I could hear my heart for a few minutes after drinking it so that was cool I guess....

User Tag List