Thread: Montana Bullet Works and Pride in Workmanship

Montana Bullet Works and Pride in Workmanship

Got a care package from Montana Bullet Works today.

I can’t remember the last time I saw this much pride in workmanship--I almost wouldn't be surprised if the sprue marks had originally all been parallel and shifted in transit.

I’ve always had good luck with their products, and this presentation augurs extremely well.

I won't be able to get to the range soon, but I'll post results as they come in.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I love Montana Bullet Works. Mainly I buy WFN/GC bullets from them and they shoot as good as they look in the box.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

But they're telling you Lyman 255gr suck right on the box!

But seriously, I wish everyone packaged and presented that well...
    Last edited by 0ddl0t; 11-08-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Curious how they shoot. Those would go well in my inline muzzleloader and my 1894 as deer medicine.
    The opinions above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Curious how they shoot. Those would go well in my inline muzzleloader and my 1894 as deer medicine.
    My Model 29-2 is out for surgery but should be back in a week or two. Report follows soonest.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    The 300gr I use shoot 3" at 100 yards out of my 14" Contender. The great thing about MBW is that sizing diameter is part of the order. Most bullet companies size .44s to .429 or .430. MBW lets you choose .429, .430, .431.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Just found this as I was breaking down boxes.

These folks are serious about customer service.

Okie John

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    But they're telling you Lyman 255gr suck right on the box!

But seriously, I wish everyone packaged and presented that well...
    They’re just letting you know the sound that gets made after they pass through a lung.

Packaging like that keeps little random flat spots and dings from the bullets flying around in the box during shipping. Flat spots can cause leading issues that are hard to diagnose.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

User Tag List