Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’ve seen the 2022 described as a polymer 229. Is that accurate or just sales driven hyperbole?

If a lot of folks think the ergonomics are a little off maybe I should try one. It seems like my hands are a little off compared to many others.🤔🤷🏻*♂️🤣
    Probably more than a little accurate. They were both manufactured initially somewhat concurrently; I suspect that SIGARMS was trying to cover their LEO bases by having both a metal- and polymer-framed DA/SA, and the Sigpro (at that time in both 2340 {/40 and .357 SIG} and 2009 (9mm} incarnations) was less expensive and came with 2 different backstraps to provide for greater individual fit potential.

The Sigpro, be it in either earlier or current P2022 configuration is an interesting, and high-quality gun. SIG never really marketed it aggressively or effectively, so they tended to fly under the radar. Unless I develop some sort of a compelling need for a DA/SA in .40 (as I have the 9mm DA/SA niche pretty effectively covered), it's unlikely one will migrate into my vault in the near future, though.

More than a few years back I seem to recall gunwriter Peter Jordan penning a well-written article comparing the Sigpro against the P229, and in his opinion the Sigpro came out ahead.

The Sigpro does combine characteristics of the metal-frame classic P-Series and P210 captured barrel movement nicely. OEM magazines have always been MecGars, which is nice. Before morphing into the P2022, there was a subtle ergonomic modification performed on either the decocking lever or the slide release, I forget which (and the original set-up wasn't bad, either).

In my opinion, they might be even better served in today's market by offering 3 sizes of replaceable backstrap, instead of the 1-2 currently offered.

Best, Jon

Damn, tempted... I’ve always wanted to try one of these.

Edit - screw it, done. At $379 it’s cheap enough that I won’t be out much or any if I decide to sell it off. Used ones are almost this much.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 08-30-2019 at 04:19 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    The Marie Kondo strategy of guns. I'm trying to get there too.

Quick question: Do these guns use standard P22X sight cuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Ha, yes indeed.

Everything I've read says that they have the same dovetails, so standard P series sights will fit.
    And Ameriglo even does their Hacks for these. Happiness, joy.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Site Supporter
    I'd be tempted too if I didn't have three PX4s.

@HeavyDuty - We'll be expecting targets by next weekend. Don't even try to give us any lame-ass BS excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'd be tempted too if I didn't have three PX4s.

@HeavyDuty - We'll be expecting targets by next weekend. Don't even try to give us any lame-ass BS excuses.
    Lol. With my FFLs schedule and me being out of town with the GF, it may be longer than that! Besides, Palmetto isn’t known for their shipping speed...
    Ken

Anyone conveyed one to DAO, or from DAO to DA/SA?

Is it something you can do on your own? Or is it a “swap the whole fire control thing”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Anyone conveyed one to DAO, or from DAO to DA/SA?

Is it something you can do on your own? Or is it a “swap the whole fire control thing”...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure, but Numrich has DAO control units for the SP2009:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/888250

They also have the older large rubber over mold type grips:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/888170A

I'd buy the 2022 over any other sig as well. I had a last years p226 enhanced elite and sold it after only 600 rounds due to the chewing of the frame rails down to dull aluminum. Like others have stated the trigger is good, not quite as good as a 226 or 229, the decock I agree is rather gritty and long feeling, but really never bothered me at all. The 2340 made me change my grip as to avoid the thumb over release and have still used the same grip method to this day and have never had an issue on any other pistols I have fired riding slide locks.

My buddy at my LGS is a gunsmith and his son works there as well. He is a sales rep for sig. We got into a discussion about the 2340 and he told me that the 2340/2022 has had the least amount of defects or warranty returns of any sig manufactured. I told him I believe that 100%

As far as pinky rest extensions, I went redneck on them with a Dremel, worked fine.

Sights as far as I know are same as pxx series. If Tony would offer holster for it I'd have a few again myself. My 2340 was originally a 357 sig and it was awesome, ballistics can go to hell! I also bought a 40 barrel and didn't notice much difference other than I could afford to shoot more. I had that gun for longer than I've had any other pistol and shot it and only it from 1998-2013

User Tag List