Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    I'm an SP2022 lover myself - it's my favorite da/sa Sig. I've forsaken it for the PX-4CC but its a great pistol. I would imagine the only reason it is still in production is for thr French government. I think the US Federal Protective Service was running them in 40 at one time, but I think they might have moved on by now.
    FPS never ran SP2022s.

They went from 5946s to P229R DAKs in .357 SIG followed by the same gun in .40.

I've looked several times at the SP2022 and almost grabbed one. To be honest, I thought that they were gone for the most part as I haven't run across one in a LGS in quite some time. In spite of all the Sig doom and gloom here I purchased a P226R and a P225A1 as a throw back to my P228 days and both have been absolutely stellar.

The best $399 I ever spent.

Site Supporter
    I had one for a couple of years and quite enjoyed it. Quality piece, and I’d get another. But I probably won’t because of the thumb/slide lock lever issue. Doesn’t happen with Beretta 92 or Glock, and those are what I’ve moved to spending money making noise with.

I also didn’t like the magazine floorplates pinching my pinkie finger - sounds like that isn’t an issue if you swap them for the P229 floorplates. I would have to do that for any SP2022 I got.
    Last edited by Duelist; 08-28-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Site Supporter
    My son has a 9mm SP2022. I shot it a couple weeks ago and was impressed with the trigger and how easy the gun is to shoot. The only thing I noticed is that the slide failed to lock back on empty a few times using the supplied magazines. Is that common with these guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    My son has a 9mm SP2022. I shot it a couple weeks ago and was impressed with the trigger and how easy the gun is to shoot. The only thing I noticed is that the slide failed to lock back on empty a few times using the supplied magazines. Is that common with these guns?
    It’s most likely your thumb vs the slide lock lever. In that capacity it’s fairly common. If you’re absolutely positive that it’s not your hands holding down the slide lock lever, then no, it’s not something common I’ve experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    It’s most likely your thumb vs the slide lock lever. In that capacity it’s fairly common. If you’re absolutely positive that it’s not your hands holding down the slide lock lever, then no, it’s not something common I’ve experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Yeah that's a possibility. Come to think of it, I noticed it happening when my son was shooting -- I don't remember if it happened at all when I was shooting it.

I’ve seen the 2022 described as a polymer 229. Is that accurate or just sales driven hyperbole?

If a lot of folks think the ergonomics are a little off maybe I should try one. It seems like my hands are a little off compared to many others.🤔🤷🏻*♂️🤣
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I’ve seen the 2022 described as a polymer 229. Is that accurate or just sales driven hyperbole?

If a lot of folks think the ergonomics are a little off maybe I should try one. It seems like my hands are a little off compared to many others.🤔🤷🏻*♂️🤣
    It's a fairly accurate description. The noticeable difference, in my hands, is the decocking action----the 2022 action is a bit gritty/clunky whereas the 229 action is clean/smooth. But not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    That's about right. To my recollection, they are between a P226 and P229 size. A tenth or two taller and longer than a P229. No significant weight difference.

My first gun was a P2340 in .357SIG, because the internet said it was soooooo much better than 9 and 40. Carried it in a Crossbreed Hybrid, IIRC. Recoil and ammo cost were excessive so off it went in trade for a G19.

By all accounts it's a solid gun that runs well. It ran well for the thousand or two rounds it saw. My strong hand thumb rides the slide catch lever, preventing the slide from locking back. That was more of an annoyance than an actual problem as I didn't carry a reload or compete.
    David S.

User Tag List