Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Hammertime
    Got the Medium grip frame and Dawson Chargers installed. Won’t get to shoot for a while unfortunately.

The rear Dawson pounded in easily. The front required slight sanding on the bottom to fit.

Let’s hope these get the gun zeroed. If not at least I can use the Dawson guarantee to get a sight the proper height. Sig was no help at all. These are my favorite sights anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

The rear Dawson pounded in easily. The front required slight sanding on the bottom to fit.

Excellent....did you use a sight pusher or were you able to do it with a punch? I read somewhere that SP dovetails were ridiculously tight.
    Last edited by UniSol; 10-08-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Excellent....did you use a sight pusher or were you able to do it with a punch? I read somewhere that SP dovetails were ridiculously tight.
    I did it with the Dawson tools and a brass hammer. Rear I was able to do on the work bench. Front required sand paper and the slide in a vise.

They were nothing like Beretta sights as far as difficulty.

Not sure why why I am doing all this. I just can’t stand an un-zeroed pistol.

Can the 2022 be milled for an rds? I haven't seen one and a search brought up nothing. The mention of it being different internally, from p series guns, makes me wonder if it's possible or even worthwhile?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Can the 2022 be milled for an rds? I haven't seen one and a search brought up nothing. The mention of it being different internally, from p series guns, makes me wonder if it's possible or even worthwhile?

There's a thread on here where somebody mentioned contacting Mark Housel about milling one, but I don't know what came of that. It was 3 or 4 years ago.

User Tag List