Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Mine arrived and I just messed with it. I expect the slide release to be a problem. Right thumb either wants to go on top of it leading to failures to lock, or below it pushing up leading to premature slide locks.

Will have to learn to flag the thumbs more than I usually do when Glocking. May not be an actual issue shooting.
    Most SIG shooters let the right thumb rest a bit farther outside and over the left thumb to prevent premature slide lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The trigger is very nice for a brand new unfired gun. About 10 lb DA and 5lb SA. No grit or stacking at all. It is a nice piece of work for $400 transferred.
    The SP2022 trigger could truly be THE best out-of-the-box DA trigger for any pistol under $1,000, and is arguably one of the best for any pistol at much higher prices.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    The SP2022 trigger could truly be THE best out-of-the-box DA trigger for any pistol under $1,000, and is arguably one of the best for any pistol at much higher prices.
    Agreed! What’s insane to me is that SIG even had eleventy billion finish options for the SP2022 at one point and it still never really sold well commercially. Everyone was too busy being enamored with the classic P-series which takes a lot more money and time to work those triggers up to the SP2022’s level of awesome out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A very experienced and eminently qualified SIG gunsmith told me that he literally could do nothing to improve the triggerpull on the then 2340-it was that good. The same applies to the 2022s that I've handled.

While not perfect, the Sigpro in any of its incarnations, past and present is really and exceptional DA/SA opportunity, and one that's perennially flown under the radar.

Best, Jon

I just got back into town. I did get a chance to handle it Saturday before I left, but I was delayed again as usual. Hopefully I’ll clear this week and it will come home.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    The more I handle this gun the more I feel like it is built to HK level quality.

I'm actually thinking about picking up one again.....

Put 150 rounds of 124 gr GDHP and HST (old carry ammo) through my new one straight out of the box last night. Wasn't working on a timer but sped up my press out in DA and shot mostly DA/SA transition, with some 5 round rhythm drills from head to chest. It's a shooter. Really need to get a holster setup.

Finally got mine on 9/11. Shot it at the range today despite the heat and it shot well to POA with decent groups despite the heat. It was 100 with FMJ Federal. Trigger was good for a service auto.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hammertime

Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Whelp. Shot it today. Accurate and reliable but I can’t stand it. Seems way too big, clunky, and I hate both the slide stop and decocker.

This will be an expensive gun rental all said and done. 50 rounds and I have completely lost interest.

I still think it’s a good gun, but definitely not for me. 100x prefer the plastic Beretta or HK designs for a TDA gun.

Strange because I had a 226 Legion that I loved and this is kinda sorta a plastic 229.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 09-13-2019 at 05:27 PM.

User Tag List