Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

I am on my 3rd 2022, which I am keeping. It took buying and selling the other two to decided what needed to be done for me to like it enough to keep one around. I sanded down the nubbin in the front of the slide release because it irritated my support hand thumb. The slide release lever and de-cocking lever got ground down re-profiled a bit as well so I can use my preferred high support hand grip. After all that, it shoots pretty well for me. I found a large grip on eBay that feels pretty good, I just need to texture it a bit.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I was probably too harsh. I handled it more tonight and feel like I should give it more time. Straightened the rear sight. May contact Sig to see if they will ship out a different height sight to get elevation straight and also to inquire about grip modules and whether this particular gun shipped with several, or just the one.

For the price it is a nice example of the Sig decocking system to have around.
    The 2022 does not normally ship with multiple grips.

IME the 2022 benefits greatly from a mild undercut at the base of the trigger guard.

Yesterday I finally managed to pick my new 2022 up from the pusher. Hopefully, I’ll hit the range tomorrow or Tuesday.

I was thinking I’d need a small grip insert and a short trigger. As it turns out, mine came with the small insert instead of the expected medium (I have part 1600002) and the stock trigger is just fine, a shorter one would probably cause milking.

All I see doing to it at this point is swapping out the polymer recoil spring rod for stainless like I did on my P220 and new sights since mine came with contrast dots.

I’m impressed with the handling so far.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 09-15-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

One of the best qualities of the polymer frame is that you can eliminate hot spots easily. If the trigger guard gripes your middle finger, as it does for many, a few minutes careful sanding/dremeling with 600-grit, followed by another couple minutes with 1000-grit, will take the edge off and improve comfort dramatically.

Hammertime
    Gave it another try yesterday. Things went better. Even with a slight rear sight adjustment I am still hitting slightly right with 115 grain at 25 yards. More concerning is the thing hits 6” above the tip of front at the same distance. That will only get worse with 147 grain.

It currently has #8 sights front and rear so I am going to see about replacing one of them.

I am getting more friendly with the decocker, and despite the flippy feeling, can shoot it up to my standards on a Supertest.

The trigger feels crazy long to me, and when I throw shots they seem to be high. Rapid fire went better than slow fire for me. I also tended to shoot it better DA than SA, but that is sort of typical for me with most TDA guns.

To be continued. I may keep it but doubt I will bother with holsters or extra mags for this one. It is just a good example of the Sig DA/SA system, in a very affordable package.

(snip) I may keep it but doubt I will bother with holsters or extra mags for this one. It is just a good example of the Sig DA/SA system, in a very affordable package.
    That’s where I am, too - I’m committed to Glock for serious social uses, the 2022 is really just a toy because... moar guns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    I had a interesting conversation with Sig Customer service today:

1. The guns only ship with the Medium back strap. They used to ship with other options, but have not for the past 2.5 years. They only have Medium and Small grips available now.

2. Apparently it is physically impossible for my gun to be shooting as high at it seems to be (6" at 25 yards from tip of front). They test every gun five rounds at 10 yards using a combat hold and the rounds need to stay within a 3" circle. Supposedly. He recommended instead of shooting at 25 yards, I should bring it in to 10 and evaluate there using a combat (drive the dot) hold, and sandbags to remove me as a variable.

My comment: I already shot it free hand at 10 yards and it hit 2.5" above the front tip, and probably 4" above a drive the dot.

Apparently impossible according to CS agent. Nice guy and we will have to agree to disagree on this gun. However, I am always willing to consider that I am the loose nut in the picture so, will sandbag it and see if I am messed up.

I have the same “shooting high” issue with Sigs. It’s because as a bullseye shooter I align the top of my sights. Sig wants you to line up the dots on the sights, so that the top of the front sight in the sight picture is lower than the top of the rear sights.

Lining up the top of the sights will raise the group 6 inches at 25 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I have the same “shooting high” issue with Sigs. It’s because as a bullseye shooter I align the top of my sights. Sig wants you to line up the dots on the sights, so that the top of the front sight in the sight picture is lower than the top of the rear sights.

Lining up the top of the sights will raise the group 6 inches at 25 yards.
    Thanks for that.

To be clear, what I hear you saying: Sig wants the dots equal height, not the tops of the sights, and when the dots are equal height, the front sight top drops below the rear top.

To me that is all kinds of messed up, but I guess Sig marches to its own drummer. I wish the CS guy had made that point clear, it is a huge distinction.

When I had a P320, that dang thing hit right at the tip of the front out of the box. Scored a 98-4X@25 yards on a B8 in my first ten rounds with the gun!

Thanks for that.

To be clear, what I hear you saying: Sig wants the dots equal height, not the tops of the sights, and when the dots are equal height, the front sight top drops below the rear top.

To me that is all kinds of messed up, but I guess Sig marches to its own drummer. I wish the CS guy had made that point clear, it is a huge distinction.

When I had a P320, that dang thing hit right at the tip of the front out of the box. Scored a 98-4X@25 yards on a B8 in my first ten rounds with the gun!
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you look at the sights, and line up the dots, you'll see the front sight is "low". I agree, they could easily have made it so the dots AND the top of the front sight line up.

I had a 320, and had that issue with it.

User Tag List