Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Whelp. Shot it today. Accurate and reliable but I can’t stand it. Seems way too big, clunky, and I hate both the slide stop and decocker.

This will be an expensive gun rental all said and done. 50 rounds and I have completely lost interest.

I still think it’s a good gun, but definitely not for me. 100x prefer the plastic Beretta or HK designs for a TDA gun.

Strange because I had a 226 Legion that I loved and this is kinda sorta a plastic 229.
    Strangely enough, that was my exact reaction the first time I owned one, and then 3 years later I wanted it again. Odd hobby we all have here.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Strangely enough, that was my exact reaction the first time I owned one, and then 3 years later I wanted it again. Odd hobby we all have here.
    Let this be a lesson for you then. I have rarely disliked a pistol so much and I have been through enough to know if I like them pretty fast at this point in the game.

Whelp. Shot it today. Accurate and reliable but I can’t stand it. Seems way too big, clunky, and I hate both the slide stop and decocker.

This will be an expensive gun rental all said and done. 50 rounds and I have completely lost interest.

I still think it’s a good gun, but definitely not for me. 100x prefer the plastic Beretta or HK designs for a TDA gun.

Strange because I had a 226 Legion that I loved and this is kinda sorta a plastic 229.
    Could it be a grip issue? Maybe try a different size?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Could it be a grip issue? Maybe try a different size?
    The overall chunkiness comes from the fact that it’s heavy for a polymer pistol of it’s size and that slide release sticks out further than it has a right to. The grip, with it’s changeable panels, seems to be to be hand size agnostic enough to fit most hands between the two sizes it comes with.

The trigger is fantastic, yes. The decocker is a bit wonky, yes. But it’s not quite as svelte as a PX4, PX4C, or P-07. I think all in all it’d make a great carry gun in a pinch, but I’d personally prefer a PX4C or P-07 over it simply because they’re just a smidge lighter for their size and have ambi decockers. Between those two these days, I’d probably take a PX4C thanks to a better trigger out of the box and a more easily improveable trigger down the road. I’d still do Talon grips or stippling on either frame.

I’ll be keeping my SP2022 as it’s unique in my collection in that I have a .40S&W and .357SIG barrel for it. I haven’t shot it in a while, but something like that may have utility down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammertime

Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    The overall chunkiness comes from the fact that it’s heavy for a polymer pistol of it’s size and that slide release sticks out further than it has a right to. The grip, with it’s changeable panels, seems to be to be hand size agnostic enough to fit most hands between the two sizes it comes with.

The trigger is fantastic, yes. The decocker is a bit wonky, yes. But it’s not quite as svelte as a PX4, PX4C, or P-07. I think all in all it’d make a great carry gun in a pinch, but I’d personally prefer a PX4C or P-07 over it simply because they’re just a smidge lighter for their size and have ambi decockers.
    Very good summary of the differences.

I have been unable to find any grip panels in the box. I do see that the entire grip is removable but haven’t found any online for sale as far as different size options.

The decocker is strange enough from a guy without a lot of Sig time that I find myself going for the back of the slide(HK), but that same motion will get me in range of the Beretta style slide mounted as well.

Compared to the 226 Legion the slide lock on the Legion is almost unable to lock back it’s so tiny and the decocker is higher allowing easier manipulation without turning the pistol in hand. The 2022 trigger is heavier, and longer but better than the Legion trigger IMO.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 09-13-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Very good summary of the differences.

I have been unable to find any grip panels in the box. I do see that the entire grip is removable but haven’t found any online for sale as far as different size options.

The decocker is strange enough from a guy without a lot of Sig time that I find myself going for the back of the slide(HK), but that same motion will get me in range of the Beretta style slide mounted as well.

Compared to the 226 Legion the slide lock on the Legion is almost unable to lock back it’s so tiny and the decocker is higher allowing easier manipulation without turning the pistol in hand. The 2022 trigger is heavier, and longer but better than the Legion trigger IMO.
    Weird, mine came with the Small and Medium panels. Good luck finding replacements, they are indeed hard to find. Check Top Gun Supply?

The decocker came naturally to me as I’d manipulated SIGs more than any other brand at the time and is basically exactly like the classic P-series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get how it feels clunky. But I recall getting used to it quickly, including the slide lock and the decocker.

Is it a perfect gun? No.
    But it's a great platform to learn and/or master TDA with a damn good trigger at very low cost.

Vending Machine Operator
    Let this be a lesson for you then. I have rarely disliked a pistol so much and I have been through enough to know if I like them pretty fast at this point in the game.

I don't really understand the lesson, since I ended up liking it a lot the second time. Either way, I completely get what it's like to have a pistol reject your hand. My hand hated the Walther P99AS so much I never bothered shooting it, immediate sell.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Maybe you just need to shoot it more until you conform to it...then you'll grow to like it...follow the Glock philosophy.

Ok, I'm only kidding. I totally get where you're coming from and unless required to carry a certain model, there's too many choices out there to stay with one you don't like.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    Maybe you just need to shoot it more until you conform to it...then you'll grow to like it...follow the Glock philosophy.

Ok, I'm only kidding. I totally get where you're coming from and unless required to carry a certain model, there's too many choices out there to stay with one you don't like.
    I was probably too harsh. I handled it more tonight and feel like I should give it more time. Straightened the rear sight. May contact Sig to see if they will ship out a different height sight to get elevation straight and also to inquire about grip modules and whether this particular gun shipped with several, or just the one.

For the price it is a nice example of the Sig decocking system to have around.

User Tag List