Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m not sure that is good company...
    Between the 3, the SP2022 seems the most durable and so forth. I’ve not owned a P97, but have shot one. Meh. I’ve owned an SD40VE and an SP2022. Wouldn’t hesitate to use either, but the SP2022 is the better gun IMHO, in spite of some small parts being produced in places like India.

I had two problems with my SP2022: the slide lock lever position doesn’t work for me, and the magazine baseplates/grip length/cutout on the front strap for the baseplate. Pinching can happen. The gun is accurate and reliable, and the finish showed no wear after several thousand rounds and a lot of dry fire and dry draws. Grip never made a hot spot. Really, it is a good gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    The P97 in .45 Auto and not the P95 in 9mm?
    My bad - it was the 9mm

Hammertime
    Well, darn this thread all to Heck said Flanders.

Bastages and your links to cheap plastic pistols...

I saw vedder holsters has sp2022 listed. I think I had one of them once and wasn't bad.

Vending Machine Operator
    PSA for 380 when I just bought one for 438. Gah.

No biggie. I think it’s easily $438 of gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    PSA for 380 when I just bought one for 438. Gah.

No biggie. I think it’s easily $438 of gun.

It’s easily worth Glock prices.

SIG never promoted it well enough because it would have stolen sales and thunder away from the classic P-series. It’s not promoting it now because it’d steal thunder away from the P320. Most people don’t want TDA, they want a striker fired polymer people popper that’s the next Glock killer.

Unfortunately the SP2022 will end up being the best pistol SIG never gave much of a crap about and it could have really pushed the envelope on what a super easily managed TDA trigger could be in a pistol for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I had two problems with my SP2022: the slide lock lever position doesn’t work for me, and the magazine baseplates/grip length/cutout on the front strap for the baseplate. Pinching can happen. The gun is accurate and reliable, and the finish showed no wear after several thousand rounds and a lot of dry fire and dry draws. Grip never made a hot spot. Really, it is a good gun.
    THIS

I learned to modify my support-hand hold to eliminate unwanted contact with the slide-lock lever during firing. And it took a few violent pinches of my small finger before I learned to flag that finger during reloads. I put a minimal chamfer on the sharp edge off the trigger guard (where it meets the grip) to eliminate finger/knuckle irritation---looked factory but made a huge difference for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Unfortunately the SP2022 will end up being the best pistol SIG never gave much of a crap about and it could have really pushed the envelope on what a super easily managed TDA trigger could be in a pistol for the masses.
    Right along with the P250 for DAO.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

I ordered one during a Labor Day sale and still waiting to be notified when it ships. I ordered some spare magazines from CDNN a few days later and got notified they were shipped yesterday. Bet I get the spare mags before I get the 2022.

Hammertime
    Mine arrived and I just messed with it. I expect the slide release to be a problem. Right thumb either wants to go on top of it leading to failures to lock, or below it pushing up leading to premature slide locks.

Will have to learn to flag the thumbs more than I usually do when Glocking. May not be an actual issue shooting.

From a Glock/HK shooter the gun seems extremely upright and high above the hand. I am sure that is a non issue. Just strange to have so much slide up there.

The trigger is very nice for a brand new unfired gun. About 10 lb DA and 5lb SA. No grit or stacking at all. It is a nice piece of work for $400 transferred.

User Tag List