Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

I'm not brand new to these guns, and have a few hundred rounds through one of my own.

I've circled back around to them and put another one on layaway the other day (409.99 before tax at Larry's in Huntsville, AL), and have a few questions and observations. Just looking for general discussion. There are a few good threads on them here but figured it might time for another one.

-Recommendations for holsters? JMCK is my go to, but the 2022 isn't showing in the roster. May email him but wanted to start this thread first (I know he's a member here). I know Dark Star and CCC post on here, haven't checked their lineup yet.

-What has happened to the new style, medium grips? Top Gun Supply has the older "sigpro" marked ones, but I cannot find the newer style "Sig Sauer" marked medium grips anywhere, including Sig. Did they just quit making them? I prefer the feel of the mediums over small. Don't know what right looks like with the small vs. medium on paper or with a timer, admittedly. They just feel better. The DA pull breaks fairly far back with the small, not so bad with the medium.

-Is Sig planning on tweaking this series? I've read hearsay here and there over the last year or two that Sig reps have mentioned making some updates.

-Any educated guess on what the future holds for these pistols would be welcome. Just from casual research, Colombia and of course France seem to be the 2 big players keeping these going contract-wise, and looks like Peru recently ordered at least 10,000.

Dark Star Gear hooked me up with some a few years back when I was running 2022s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I bought and ran one a few years back. Great and inexpensive platform on which to master the traditional double-action trigger system. Best DA trigger press I've ever experienced. Glad that I ran it for about two years. Sold it because I wanted to venture back to the striker-fire trigger system.

It's somewhat looked down upon by many as the 'cheap' SIG. The grip ergos are just a hair off, enough to prevent it from feeling entirely natural during the range of manipulations. Not much in the way of aftermarket support, but I was almost certain that I'd run it in a JMCK holster. This was several years ago, I can't find any documentation, and my memory fails me. Doubtful that SIG will devote the time, effort or resources to tweaking it, given its limited sales outside European LE.

My thoughts as well re. not having a whole lot of incentive to do much with these guns, but hopeful. Have been thinking about going all in and investing in the 2 I have now as my go to pistol.

Forgot to add in the OP, has anyone ever found a source for the factory flat baseplates besides Roco? I head Greg Cote had them but don't see them listed now.

I contacted Tony at JM custom about 2022 recently and was told no as of now but he's been seeing quite a few ppl ask for a holster for it. He used to have one for it, but I think that was before he started using cnc molds. It's a great pistol, I used to have the 2340 in 357 sig. Just stinks that there is literally zero support for it. I even have a hard time finding what I need for px4 and p2000 and m9a3. I even went on crossbreed out of desperation and literally zero support for what I am looking for. I also contacted Dale Fricke about 2022 a cpl years ago and he said he might, but apparently not.

I have one chambered in .40S&W. I quite like it, but support is limited and given how SIG generally treats it like a red headed stepchild (which never made any sense to me). Great trigger, good ergos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discovered these baseplates from Springer Precision. Flat but not quite flush baseplate and a plus 3 that looks intriguing.

https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...ds-SP0212B.htm

https://shop.springerprecision.com/S...ads-SP0233.htm

Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Forgot to add in the OP, has anyone ever found a source for the factory flat baseplates besides Roco? I head Greg Cote had them but don't see them listed now.
    Believe it or not, the base plates for M&P Compact magazines work great as a low-cost substitute.

I'm an SP2022 lover myself - it's my favorite da/sa Sig. I've forsaken it for the PX-4CC but its a great pistol. I would imagine the only reason it is still in production is for thr French government. I think the US Federal Protective Service was running them in 40 at one time, but I think they might have moved on by now.

Site Supporter
    I shot a 2340 a while back...it was very accurate, reliable, and the DA trigger was better than almost any DA/SA I've tried. Still tempted to get a 2022 for shits and giggles.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

User Tag List