Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Sig SP2022: A few questions, observations

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I had a interesting conversation with Sig Customer service today:

1. The guns only ship with the Medium back strap. They used to ship with other options, but have not for the past 2.5 years. They only have Medium and Small grips available now.

(Snip)
    My new one definitely came out of the box with a 160002 small back strap.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I took the SP2022 out for her maiden voyage at lunch, a quick 100 rounds of CCI Lawman 124g TMJ - my usual range ammunition.

Zero issues, good accuracy, decent trigger. I’m reminded how much I hate three dot sights with my current vision. I need to swap them out with my usual Ameriglo Hacks.

Other than that, I didn’t identify anything I need to change. A damn solid pistol.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My new one definitely came out of the box with a 160002 small back strap.
    Mine also has that 160002 number on it. It seems Sig CS guy had his story wrong, or I misheard him.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 09-16-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    Apparently it is physically impossible for my gun to be shooting as high at it seems to be (6" at 25 yards from tip of front). They test every gun five rounds at 10 yards using a combat hold and the rounds need to stay within a 3" circle. Supposedly. He recommended instead of shooting at 25 yards, I should bring it in to 10 and evaluate there using a combat (drive the dot) hold, and sandbags to remove me as a variable.
    FWIW, I had the same issue with factory PX4 sights for the same reason. Once I replaced them with the Ameriglo CAP sights, the problem went away.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    FWIW, I had the same issue with factory PX4 sights for the same reason. Once I replaced them with the Ameriglo CAP sights, the problem went away.
    And this is why dots on sights are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a interesting conversation with Sig Customer service today:

1. The guns only ship with the Medium back strap. They used to ship with other options, but have not for the past 2.5 years. They only have Medium and Small grips available now.
    Interesting-I have only seen them with the small (002) grips in the last year or so. If you look for the mediums (003), they show as discontinued....but so do the small ones. I was able to find a couple of medium (new style) grips on e-bay recently. Top Gun Supply has the older, "Sig Pro" marked mediums for 20 or 30 dollars. The large, Sig Pro marked grips are long discontinued but can be found on e-bay or on older 2340/2009 guns online.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by UniSol View Post
    Interesting-I have only seen them with the small (002) grips in the last year or so. If you look for the mediums (003), they show as discontinued....but so do the small ones. I was able to find a couple of medium (new style) grips on e-bay recently. Top Gun Supply has the older, "Sig Pro" marked mediums for 20 or 30 dollars. The large, Sig Pro marked grips are long discontinued but can be found on e-bay or on older 2340/2009 guns online.
    Good info. Rep is wrong, mine clearly has 002 grip.

Hammertime
    Did some sandbag rest shooting:

Hits 2.5” over dot at 10yds. (1.5” over tip). 6.5” over the dot at 25yds(4” over tip).

I don’t usually shoot off a rest I just put it under my wrists. Still had a flyer which is amazing given how solid one feels.

Hammertime
    Question: I am debating getting some Dawson Chargers. Does the 2022 share the same sight dovetail with the "Sig P Series?"

https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-precision-sig-p-series-fixed-charger-sight-set-black-rear-fiber-optic-front/

Dawson thought I should order the above, but even they sounded a little unsure.
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 09-24-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Everything I have read says yes, they are the same. I think there's at least one who has responded here who can confirm.

User Tag List