Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fort Knox Gun Safes Article

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    That was a low end import.

Still rated as an RSC however.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Irrelevant to the point I was making. Most can be pried easier on their back, including Ft. Knox or any other.

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    Irrelevant to the point I was making. Most can be pried easier on their back, including Ft. Knox or any other.
    Excuse me, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Excuse me, then.

Not at all. I just wanted to help the guy understand the importance of bolting any safe down.

I have an FK M1 safe from CE Safes in FL, and have been pleased with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauer Koch View Post
    I have an FK M1 safe from CE Safes in FL, and have been pleased with it so far.
    Nice.

As I've mentioned, I really like the idea of the M line. Fills a market niche occupied by Sturdy and a few others. A no frills metal box with a solid locking door.

What size did you get? Anything you'd do different in hindsight?

For those of you wondering how easy it is to move a 1000lbs safe that isn't booted down, spend 5 minutes looking at videos on YouTube. Sturdy Safe even has tutorials on how to move and place your 1000lbs safe on your own....

Me, I put my AMSEC BF in its own room behind a steel security door with an ANSI grade 1 lock, and the locksmiths used different bolts to secure it into concrete than what is shipped (at their recommendation).

If anyone in NoVA area is looking for a professional, family run locksmith that has a lifetime of experience and is an AMSEC dealer who will do the move and install, feel free to PM me.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    For those of you wondering how easy it is to move a 1000lbs safe that isn't booted down
    Come on over to Hambo's place in the morning and you can move one of mine. Just so you understand how easy it is, of course. It's about 600 pounds and I'll even rent a dolly for you to use.

I moved my smaller safe a week ago, and I think it weighs between 500-600 pounds empty. With guns and ammo in it, I couldn't budge the damn thing. Empty, I could wrestle it around to get it on an appliance dolly and move it. Getting it up over a concrete step required some ingenuity.

If no one takes me up on my offer, I'll do it myself, but 'easy' won't be part of the job.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Come on over to Hambo's place in the morning and you can move one of mine. Just so you understand how easy it is, of course. It's about 600 pounds and I'll even rent a dolly for you to use.

I moved my smaller safe a week ago, and I think it weighs between 500-600 pounds empty. With guns and ammo in it, I couldn't budge the damn thing. Empty, I could wrestle it around to get it on an appliance dolly and move it. Getting it up over a concrete step required some ingenuity.

If no one takes me up on my offer, I'll do it myself, but 'easy' won't be part of the job.
    3 or more sections of steel pipe work far better than any dolly.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    3 or more sections of steel pipe work far better than any dolly.
    That's not going to work here. The easiest way I've moved them is taking the door off and moving two pieces.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Two old guys and a dolly were able to move mine. Not well, but they did it.

User Tag List