Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther CCP

Walther CCP

Where the hell is this gun????? Because I'm a Walther fanboy and I want one!

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Working with a test gun right now, actually.

Well, not right this second; it's frickin' cold and dark outside. But I'm about a range trip or two away from wrapping this thing up.

I have not experienced any malfunctions other than once or twice preventing the slide from locking back by getting a thumb atop the slide stop.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post

Well, not right this second; it's frickin' cold and dark outside. But I'm about a range trip or two away from wrapping this thing up.

I have not experienced any malfunctions other than once or twice preventing the slide from locking back by getting a thumb atop the slide stop.

Nice. I try to bother Caleb periodically about his failure to review his copy. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Nice. I try to bother Caleb periodically about his failure to review his copy. Coincidence?
    None whatsoever. *whistles innocently*

Vending Machine Operator
    I had zero idea this gun existed. Very, very interested.

Is there a way to add another C in front of the model name for some Cold War drollery?

Quote Originally Posted by WDW View Post
    Where the hell is this gun????? Because I'm a Walther fanboy and I want one!

NOT AVAILABLE YET.

But, being advertised nevertheless as "out of stock," "back order," or "allocated." Taking a cue from Apple.

It's Walther's new Concealed Carry Pistol (all of their guns have acronyms for names - except the P99)

What's unique about it is that their is a port that bleeds off some of the gas from the barrel and routes it back against a piston (sound a little AR-like?) that is attached to the slide - thereby reducing reward momentum, recoil, and muzzle flip. With less recoil, they can use a lighter-weight spring to make racking the slide a lot easier. Also, less recoil and muzzle flip means getting back on target faster.

It carries over some of the design cues from the PPQ so you can tell its a Walther by looks alone. It's a single-stack mag (darn) with 8+1. Then again, that's all you'll ever get from any Kahr model, and "thin is in."

I priced one on Gunbuyer for $365. That's pretty competitive.

This design idea was one that Ruger was supposed to incorporate into their LC9s, but never did. I remember seeing it back in June. Or, I might be wrong and could have seen both in a 2014 Shot Show video.

Anyway, take a look over at Walther's web page for it: http://www.waltherarms.com/ccp/

I'm buying one when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by PetRats View Post
    What's unique about it is that their is a port that bleeds off some of the gas from the barrel and routes it back against a piston (sound a little AR-like?)
    It sounds more HK P7/Steyr GB/Vektor CP1/Heritage Stealth-like to me.

Site Supporter
    It sounds more HK P7/Steyr GB/Vektor CP1/Heritage Stealth-like to me.
    There's a significant amount of gun nerdery required to know much about those guns...

Possibly a reason for that? I've found that a gun using an obscure operating mechanism that other, less successful guns used can be what some might call a clue...

Unless you've found that not to be the case for the CCP?

User Tag List