Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Resolution - 1 gun for all of 2023. M2.0 content

Site Supporter

New Years Resolution - 1 gun for all of 2023. M2.0 content

Just placed an order for m2.0 3.6 compact (15rd). I had one earlier in the year that I regrettably sold off. Loved the gun, it shot well and concealed incredibly well. I'm gonna add an overwatch trigger, have it milled for a 509t and put some all black Dawson sights on it. I will them commit myself to using only this one handgun for the entire year of 2023. It will be my only CCW, range, and class gun. I've bounced around too much between platforms and am tired to chasing the next best thing. This year will be more classes, more range time, and less flashy things. I'll update periodically on my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjkeene View Post
    Just placed an order for m2.0 3.6 compact (15rd). I had one earlier in the year that I regrettably sold off. Loved the gun, it shot well and concealed incredibly well. I'm gonna add an overwatch trigger, have it milled for a 509t and put some all black Dawson sights on it. I will them commit myself to using only this one handgun for the entire year of 2023. It will be my only CCW, range, and class gun. I've bounced around too much between platforms and am tired to chasing the next best thing. This year will be more classes, more range time, and less flashy things. I'll update periodically on my thoughts.
    Is this your only resolution? You should probably have another one, maybe "I resolve not to take up cliff diving." That way you'll still be batting .500 when the gun thing falls apart.😁

I did that with a 365xl. My resolution this year was to shoot much more. Not chase new stuff I didn't need but I am going to one more thing. I am going to compare a g48 and a g26 for shootability and concealment. So I'll be using those two and anytime my eye starts to wonder I grab a case of ammo. Which ever wins, the other will be put on the chopping block

@Brianjkeene you know one is none, right?!!!!

At least get two of the same gun for the love of sweet baby Jesus!

There's an optic-ready 3.6" with forward serrations and new trigger (SKU 13570) that's mighty tempting.

Name:  13570-mp-OnWhite-Left.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  32.3 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I did that with a 365xl. My resolution this year was to shoot much more. Not chase new stuff I didn't need but I am going to one more thing. I am going to compare a g48 and a g26 for shootability and concealment. So I'll be using those two and anytime my eye starts to wonder I grab a case of ammo. Which ever wins, the other will be put on the chopping block
    Please keep us updated. I am interested to hear your take.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Banned
    509T is a massive optic for a subcompact, but maybe that’s just me. I have a 507k on my 4” M&P.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgivro View Post
    509T is a massive optic for a subcompact, but maybe that’s just me. I have a 507k on my 4” M&P.
    I mean it’s still a true double stack gun with a fairly wide slide. Floyds also mills them so deep that standard height sights give lower 1/4 - it’s a pretty nice setup. I’ll probably wait until shot is over before sending it out for milling in case something else gets unveiled that interests me.

I need to concentrate too

I'm sure we have multiple platforms to choose from daily for our CCW. And I like changing up my carry pistol from time to time. Sorta like seeing a friend again after an extended absence. But I do need to concentrate on just one.

Great resolution. Less focus on buying stuff, more on improving with your primary.

Let us know how it goes at the range. I made one final try with the latest gen M&P M2 compact 4", and based on a sample of one, the inconsistent accuracy at beyond 15y was unchanged from previous gen. If it becomes clear that S&W is fixing that issue, at some point I'd reconsider the M&P vs my G19.5's. Altho IMHO as a LH shooter, the M&P M2 still doesn't have the so-called "ambi" slide release working right.

User Tag List