Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

Site Supporter
    Do any of these companies put in mounting posts?

I do my own and usually mill for a "click" fit. But looking at specs, it seems that it would not be that hard to insert dowels for the mounting posts on my next one.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Maple leaf firearms did a j-point cut on a spare G19. Very, very happy with the quality of the work.

Suarez did my G26 RMR cut. No issues there either.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    Who's best for USP slides? Thinking about a SRO or ACRO on a USP 9.
    L&M Precision is the only guy I know of that has worked on USPs, outside of the occasional APO job.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Maple leaf firearms did a j-point cut on a spare G19. Very, very happy with the quality of the work.

Suarez did my G26 RMR cut. No issues there either.
    I just recently got back a G48 and G43X slide from them and am pleased as well, I am especially happy with the refinishing. I only wish they made a cover plate as I don't think I will be seeing the other RMSw any time soon. Communication was also top notch. I received e-mail replies on the weekend no less. I couldn't recommend them enough. Their turn around was fast as heck too.

Attachment 50642

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I’ve paid for some of the big names thrown out over the years and they are good, but I’ve also realized they are priced pretty high in this day and age for what is required. I’ve paid a fraction of the cost and have been very pleased with the quality of work and quick turn around with Zeroed In Armory.

Welp, based on this post, I just found out about Zeroed In Armory. And they are local to me, so that's a plus. Going to give them a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Welp, based on this post, I just found out about Zeroed In Armory. And they are local to me, so that's a plus. Going to give them a shot.
    They milled my slide recently. Sent them my RM06 and Trijicon plate and they did the install free. The firearm turn around was as promised. The work looked great at an unbelievable price.

The only thing that I did differently was to increase the amount of insurance on my shipment. Since it was a grand new G5 G19 and a new RM06 that I sent them, I didn't think the insurance amount that was standard, covered my exposure level. The cost for the extra coverage was very reasonable. I didn't need the extra insurance (no claim required) but I slept better knowing that it was there.

Happy customer here.

Just picked up my slide from Zeroed In Armory. $75 and 7 business days turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by KG556 View Post
    I recently retired from a law enforcement career. Just before I got out, I had two Glock model 45 "work" pistols milled and cerakoted by Mod1 Firearms in Kentucky. I know some other LEO's at my former agency who had them done by the same company. We all had good work, with really fast turnaround times. Took about two weeks or so. Not sure if he is more backlogged nowadays, but he seemed to be pretty fast compared to some of the other quoted times. (These were done in the first quarter of 2019). I am very happy with all his work I witnessed firsthand. Just fyi.
    This guy is a retired LE Armorer. Hes got a Haas in his shop. Dont get much better than that.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Any one have used lone wolff milling services? They have a race cut with the rear sight in front of the dot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Just picked up my slide from Zeroed In Armory. $75 and 7 business days turn around.
    Looks like a good thing you got it when you did, as 9 days after your post: https://www.mytexasdaily.com/upper-g...b93300ee2.html

So they may not be an option any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Do any of these companies put in mounting posts?

I never saw an answer to this, so I'm asking it as well as how important mounting posts are.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List