Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

L&M did two slides for me. I have no need to go anywhere else. Very pleased with the work.

http://www.battlewerx.com/
    Two g17gen5 slides done for me, I like the design, perfect performance through RMRs, hs507c's and SROs.

Possible a stupid question... If I just get an optic cut, do I need to get the slide refinished? Provided I'm not getting extra serrations and embellishments, it seems like a quick coat of rustoleum on the milled pocket would suffice.

ETA. Did I say rustoleum? Cold blue is probably a bit more dignified. But the question stands - pay for refinishing or not?
    Last edited by Mark D; 10-08-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Possible a stupid question... If I just get an optic cut, do I need to get the slide refinished? Provided I'm not getting extra serrations and embellishments, it seems like a quick coat of rustoleum on the milled pocket would suffice.

ETA. Did I say rustoleum? Cold blue is probably a bit more dignified. But the question stands - pay for refinishing or not?
    I live on the Gulf Coast of Texas. I'd have the slide refinished. YMMV

I think most slide milling places have the option to refinish (Cerakote, etc) just the milled portion.

Another recommendation

I recently retired from a law enforcement career. Just before I got out, I had two Glock model 45 "work" pistols milled and cerakoted by Mod1 Firearms in Kentucky. I know some other LEO's at my former agency who had them done by the same company. We all had good work, with really fast turnaround times. Took about two weeks or so. Not sure if he is more backlogged nowadays, but he seemed to be pretty fast compared to some of the other quoted times. (These were done in the first quarter of 2019). I am very happy with all his work I witnessed firsthand. Just fyi.

Site Supporter
    In addition to the companies mentioned such as L & M, I would advise in general that you look for a company that does a broad spectrum of machining and gunsmithing.

Most of the milling horror stories come from “bro shops “ That claim to do optics cuts or “custom slides” but don’t do any other type of machining or gunsmithing work.

Another vote for Vulcan. They did a G45 slide cut for an ACRO P-1. It's excellent.

JagerWerks just did a G45 slide for me. The milled the slide and installed the RMR and fixed sights I sent them, and refinished the slide with black nitride. The also zeroed the RMR. Turnaround time was 3 weeks and the cost was $175.

I’ve paid for some of the big names thrown out over the years and they are good, but I’ve also realized they are priced pretty high in this day and age for what is required. I’ve paid a fraction of the cost and have been very pleased with the quality of work and quick turn around with Zeroed In Armory.

The instructor for the Glock Armorers Course I fairly recently took specifically favorably called out ATEi as doing good work.

Best, Jon

User Tag List