Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Looks like a good thing you got it when you did, as 9 days after your post: https://www.mytexasdaily.com/upper-g...b93300ee2.html

So they may not be an option any longer.

I never saw an answer to this, so I'm asking it as well as how important mounting posts are.

Oh shit!

Primary Machine

@ GJM,

What finish did you go with for your slide refinish from Primary Machine, I'm going to send a slide in to get milled for a Holosun.

Thanks
    Steve

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Whirlwind06 View Post
    Any one have used lone wolff milling services? They have a race cut with the rear sight in front of the dot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I had them do a Gen 3 19 and a G22. Fast turnaround and no issues with the work.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    I had Wolff mill a g45 slide, they don’t mill in the posts, but it’s a sung fit for the optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending off a G45 slide tomorrow to CHPWS for RMR cut and Zev posts. Excited to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Sending off a G45 slide tomorrow to CHPWS for RMR cut and Zev posts. Excited to see the finished product.
    As soon as I get a rear sight in from Ameriglo, I'll be doing the same with my CZ P-07.
    David S.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    507 direct mill with primary machine on a G45, standard height sights visible or must use suppressor height? Don't care if it's bottom 1/5, as long as usable.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    507 direct mill with primary machine on a G45, standard height sights visible or must use suppressor height? Don't care if it's bottom 1/5, as long as usable.
    507c will require suppressor height sights, 507k may allow for standard sights depending on how deep PM mills the slide.

I would strongly recommend finding the lowest possible BUIS. I want the bottom of the trough level with, or slightly below the top of the optic body. I think the Ameriglo's trapezoidal rear sight obscures the least.
    David S.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    507c will require suppressor height sights, 507k may allow for standard sights depending on how deep PM mills the slide.

I would strongly recommend finding the lowest possible BUIS. I want the bottom of the trough level with, or slightly below the top of the optic body. I think the Ameriglo's trapezoidal rear sight obscures the least.
    507c v2
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    For those sending slides to CHPWS, be prepared to wait longer than quoted.

User Tag List