Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

Name:  20210714_130118.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  19.8 KB

Name:  20210714_130117.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  20.0 KB

Name:  20210714_130153.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  16.5 KB

Seems like the pocket is tight enough. I've got a case waiting to put through it so we'll see how it holds up.

It was hard to get a good pic of the irons they just peep up into the window. They seem useable though.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Is there a preferred milling company that would sell me a gun as a package?

Where, for example, I could buy a 17.5 and 508T x2 from their inventory, have it milled in house and they would mount the RDS and backup sights before shipping to my FFL.

Does such a thing exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Since my go to is gone (primary machine no longer takes on this work) can someone recommend a company that does good work with a 2-3 week turn around time?
    Primary Machine’s Brand Manager told me that, once a year on Black Friday, they accept orders for customer supplied slide work.

Quote Originally Posted by EPF View Post
    Is there a preferred milling company that would sell me a gun as a package?

Where, for example, I could buy a 17.5 and 508T x2 from their inventory, have it milled in house and they would mount the RDS and backup sights before shipping to my FFL.

Does such a thing exist?
    Boresight Solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Interesting, thanks. I wasn’t aware they dealt in milled guns

I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm looking at two very lightly used different Glock 19 gen 5s locally. One is a MOS and has a gen 1 Holosun 508T mounted on a CHPWS plate and the other 19 is non MOS. Both have the FCS, so they should have the preferred breech face cut. The price difference is ~$400.
    I have a spare Holosun 509T laying around that I'm thinking would be a good match for the non MOS G19.5.

Is it preferable to have a direct milled MRDS like to 509T? Looks like it'll run me around $200 to get the slide milled for the 509T.

While I like the turn-key aspect of the MOS G19.5, I'm not thrilled about the CHPWS plate and the gen 1 508T since the sight will have to come off to change the battery and the earlier gen CHPWS plates were supposedly not great.

What would you do?

@Exiledviking, I would go with the direct milled 509t, with rear sight forward. My main carry gun is a p-07 with direct milled 509t2, and I’m very happy with it. No plates. No screws. Low profile BUIS.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    I'd appreciate some advice.

I'm looking at two very lightly used different Glock 19 gen 5s locally. One is a MOS and has a gen 1 Holosun 508T mounted on a CHPWS plate and the other 19 is non MOS. Both have the FCS, so they should have the preferred breech face cut. The price difference is ~$400.
    I have a spare Holosun 509T laying around that I'm thinking would be a good match for the non MOS G19.5.

Is it preferable to have a direct milled MRDS like to 509T? Looks like it'll run me around $200 to get the slide milled for the 509T.

While I like the turn-key aspect of the MOS G19.5, I'm not thrilled about the CHPWS plate and the gen 1 508T since the sight will have to come off to change the battery and the earlier gen CHPWS plates were supposedly not great.

What would you do?
    You could replace the chpws plate with a forward control designs plate

User Tag List