Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

My holy grail for defensive use has become useable cowitness with normal height sights. I have a 19.5 with RMR and broadsail height suppressor sights, but that’s definitely not where I want to be for smaller defensive guns such as a 43, 43X, 48 or 26.

My 26.5 will probably be the next RDS victim. I’d like to quantify how deep of a cut is needed to do this for a low, compact RDS like a Shield, Swampfox Sentinel or 407k instead of an RMR or RMRcc. It must be possible since the 43X and 48 MOS models do it out of the box.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

Attachment 60868

It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.
    I left Zeroed In offa the list, on account of the federal charges and stuff...

Is there a way we should do this better? A sticky or something?

I was within the edit window so I fixed my error and omission.

This is a great start. I would love a shared Google doc that was made in a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    This is a great start. I would love a shared Google doc that was made in a sticky.
    I have the spreadsheet. Is there a proper P-F place to stash such things? Would be great if folks could grow the document as knowledge was gained. I just do not want to go put it on a Google Drive of mine and then I get hit by a beer truck or something.

@BehindBlueI's ?

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I have the spreadsheet. Is there a proper P-F place to stash such things? Would be great if folks could grow the document as knowledge was gained. I just do not want to go put it on a Google Drive of mine and then I get hit by a beer truck or something.

@BehindBlueI's ?
    I can sticky a thread, NP. Just PM me a link, I'll be around off and on most of the day.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I can sticky a thread, NP. Just PM me a link, I'll be around off and on most of the day.
    I believe the question is whether PF version of vBulletin enables/allows file sharing. Otherwise, someone would need to "own" a registered account (google drive, MS onedrive, Box, etc) and share access to the file from there. Could be an anonymity issue although a separate account to be generated. Then some sort of permissions or tracking would need to happen so that multiple edits to the same file don't get lost or overwritten... I'm sure I'm not describing this adequately, but, sharing a "spreadsheet" has many more layers than sharing an image.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I believe the question is whether PF version of vBulletin enables/allows file sharing. Otherwise, someone would need to "own" a registered account (google drive, MS onedrive, Box, etc) and share access to the file from there. Could be an anonymity issue although a separate account to be generated. Then some sort of permissions or tracking would need to happen so that multiple edits to the same file don't get lost or overwritten... I'm sure I'm not describing this adequately, but, sharing a "spreadsheet" has many more layers than sharing an image.
    Ah, then I've no idea. Boss-man signal, activate!

@LittleLebowski
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I just do not want to go put it on a Google Drive of mine and then I get hit by a beer truck or something.

@BehindBlueI's ?
    A Google Sheet would be ideal. There are many permission options that could avoid those issues. Multiple people could be made editors while everyone else is read-only. Also, you can allow downloading and making a copy in Google Drive, so anyone else can take it and run with it if needed. Just mentioning it because, in my experience, other methods tend to fall apart over time.

For example, in the programming world we use what are called "version control systems" to store code. An example of this is a program called Git, and a website called GitHub that is built on it. The end result is, you have a single source of truth, which is important to keep things in sync and well-managed over time. Also, being that it's version controlled, you have a total history of all changes and can revert any of them at any time. Google Sheets does have a version control system.

If a Google Sheet is an option, I'm always happy to create it. Just let me know the details, if any other PF members with Google accounts need to be made editors, etc. If not, no biggie.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    If a Google Sheet is an option, I'm always happy to create it.
    PM me a email and I will send you the simple spreadsheet as a starting point.

I got my slide back from ATEI today and am very pleased.

I like it better than the slides I’ve had done at Jagerwerks and Battlewerx, but at this point that is more due to the enhanced serrations than the optic cut itself.

The Battlewerx slide had the deepest cut, but the nitride finish didn’t hold up as well as the Jagerwerks finish. The serrations on both the Jagerwerks and Battlewerx were too busy for my taste and they have to put their logo on the slide. The ATEI serrations look stock but have significantly more bite.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I got my slide back from ATEI today and am very pleased.

I like it better than the slides I’ve had done at Jagerwerks and Battlewerx, but at this point that is more due to the enhanced serrations than the optic cut itself.

The Battlewerx slide had the deepest cut, but the nitride finish didn’t hold up as well as the Jagerwerks finish. The serrations on both the Jagerwerks and Battlewerx were too busy for my taste and they have to put their logo on the slide. The ATEI serrations look stock but have significantly more bite.
    Love my ATEi enhanced serrations. How long did it take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List