Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 61

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

  1. #51
    I sent a VP9 slide to Primary Machine & got it back with the nitride finish two weeks early. I went to the range to zero & I didnít have to make any adjustments. Iím not sure if this is a service they offer? I didnít even include my barrel when I shipped it to them. Anyhow, Iím happy.

  2. #52
    Site Supporter GearFondler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Southeast Louisiana
    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    I sent a VP9 slide to Primary Machine & got it back with the nitride finish two weeks early. I went to the range to zero & I didnít have to make any adjustments. Iím not sure if this is a service they offer? I didnít even include my barrel when I shipped it to them. Anyhow, Iím happy.
    I think you just got lucky... Their website specifically mentions that you will still need to zero the RDS.

  3. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    For those sending slides to CHPWS, be prepared to wait longer than quoted.
    Can you elaborate? Monday will be day 10 that they have my slide. I have a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor course next month and definitely need my slide back by end of this month.

    Mike

  4. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    Can you elaborate? Monday will be day 10 that they have my slide. I have a Sage Dynamics RDS Instructor course next month and definitely need my slide back by end of this month.

    Mike
    My slide was due back on 8/27, I recieved it today after a few issues and delays.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I think you just got lucky... Their website specifically mentions that you will still need to zero the RDS.
    I guess absurdly / fantastically lucky... I'll take it but I zeroed two RMRs, first a HK OR slide and made some adjustment but was surprised the PM slide was dead nuts and just put one hole into another.

  6. #56
    Site Supporter Clark Jackson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    USA
    +1 ATEi

    Great work.

    Highly recommend paying a little extra for a milled dovetail to accommodate suppressor height rear sight forward of the MRDS
    "The first quality that is needed is audacity." -Winston Churchill

  7. #57
    Moderator BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Midwest
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    507 direct mill with primary machine on a G45, standard height sights visible or must use suppressor height? Don't care if it's bottom 1/5, as long as usable.
    I emailed Primary Machine and they answered very quickly. Suppressor height required.
    Interested in a PF hat? Take the survey here: https://forms.gle/1E7ihN776ve3NY957

    Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Maybe with talented students I would lube up with baby oil and then go at it.

  8. #58
    I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

    Name:  List2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  77.9 KB

    It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.
    I left Zeroed In offa the list, on account of the federal charges and stuff...

    Is there a way we should do this better? A sticky or something?


    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Iíd add C&H Precision.
    Quote Originally Posted by bwswanson View Post
    Primary Machine does cut M&P. They did mine. [URL]https://primarymachine.com/m-p-optic-milling/[URL]
    I was within the edit window so I fixed my error and omission.
    Last edited by mmc45414; 09-24-2020 at 01:06 PM.

  9. #59

  10. #60
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MS
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been lurking on this with the intent of dipping my toe in the water soon. My interest would be M&P and not all the providers offer that, so I built this spreadsheet:

    Attachment 60867

    It is probably silly of me, but I always have a comfort level doing business closer to home, so I listed the states.
    I left Zeroed In offa the list, on account of the federal charges and stuff...

    Is there a way we should do this better? A sticky or something?
    Primary Machine does cut M&P. They did mine. [URL]https://primarymachine.com/m-p-optic-milling/[URL]

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •