Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What in/lbs torque wrench are you using???

What in/lbs torque wrench are you using???

A recent post on mounting an RDS got me thinking about this. I had the non-digital FatWrench for a while, but now I have the Vortex Optic torque driver. They both worked fine, but the Vortex feels more solid… more metal in the construction and the dial seems more precise. The knob is marked 1-10, so you know the exact setting.

I can’t say for sure, but the Vortex appears identical to the Capri Tool and the Gear Wrench torque drivers. I’m thinking that they are probably manufactured by the same parent company.

Site Supporter
    I have a Snap-on I bought second hand

I use the mechanical version of the Wheeler FAT wrench, purchased through Brownell’s.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I use the mechanical version of the Wheeler FAT wrench, purchased through Brownell’s.
    Just bought one of those myself. Works great but had to buy these https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WKC8PHX...t_details&th=1 to do a job on my Ruger Mini.

Seems like every new job these days requires a new tool. It's some kind of a conspiracy.

One of these days when somebody goes through my tools at an estate sale there will some blank stares.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-05-2022 at 05:45 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Digital FAT wrench.. I should’ve bought one years ago.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I really like my Wiha, but the best internet price has about doubled since I bought mine.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I use the fix-it-stick set. I like it and it is easy to carry around. It wasn't cheap though.

I’m sure everyone already know this, but remember to always store your adjustable torque wrenches at the lowest setting!

https://store.fixitsticks.com/collec...-torque-driver
    I have this one. I have their t handled driver too. It’s nice because it fits in my range bag nicely.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I really like my Wiha, but the best internet price has about doubled since I bought mine.
    Same.

Fix it sticks are good too.

User Tag List