Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

  1. #1

    RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

    Just curious who everyone is using these days. My 2 gen 5 G17s have enough rounds through them to justify a voided warranty so I'm looking to get them milled for the RMR footprint. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Colorado Springs

    RFI on preferred companies for slide milling.

    To me, slide milling for a red dot is like body armor - Iím not about to pay to try something new and untested. ATEi is as tested and proven as there is.

    I actually cheaped out and went with the universal cut and am still extremely pleased. I donít beat the shit out of my guns but Iíve broken plenty of things and mine has held up perfectly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 08-20-2019 at 09:36 PM.

  3. #3
    I have been using Primary Machine with complete satisfaction. They usually turn a slide in a week.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

  4. #4
    Site Supporter LtDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central AZ
    Wright Armory in Mesa, AZ has done 2 HK VP9s for me a couple of months apart. Turnaround less than a week on both.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

  5. #5
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    N. Alabama
    L&M is one of the originators.

  6. #6
    Site Supporter David S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    There seems to be a lot of good options for optics cuts.

    I took a risk on a local guy that was recommended by a DFW area shooting group: Vulcan Machine Werks. So far, so good.

  7. #7
    Iíve had Vulcan, L&M, Primary Machine and all seemed good to go.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have been using Primary Machine with complete satisfaction. They usually turn a slide in a week.
    This. An important component missing from the original question is "what do you want milled?" For HK, CZ, and other non-Glock options, Primary Machine seems to be the most well established option.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tod-13 View Post
    This. An important component missing from the original question is "what do you want milled?" For HK, CZ, and other non-Glock options, Primary Machine seems to be the most well established option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Just curious who everyone is using these days. My 2 gen 5 G17s have enough rounds through them to justify a voided warranty so I'm looking to get them milled for the RMR footprint. Thanks.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    ...
    Pre-coffee posting is bad.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •