Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt announces King Cobra Target revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It was an agreement with the Clinton Administration. I don't know why that binds them, who gives a shit.
    Do you know that it doesn't? I'm not arguing I just genuinely don't know the ins and outs of all this because I'm not a lawyer.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Do you know that it doesn't? I'm not arguing I just genuinely don't know the ins and outs of all this because I'm not a lawyer.
    I don't know one way or another. All I've ever seen has been the press release from 2000.

It is dumb as hell. The IL lock is the same on every gun. At least the free trigger locks have different keys. But "dumb" has never made no difference to management of most companies.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I don't know one way or another. All I've ever seen has been the press release from 2000.

It is dumb as hell. The IL lock is the same on every gun. At least the free trigger locks have different keys. But "dumb" has never made no difference to management of most companies.
    Smith and Wesson is still a publicly traded company, right? Consider the optics of explaining in a shareholder’s meeting why, after almost 20 years, you deleted a “safety feature” from one of your popular lines of handguns. Could they? Yes. Do the vast majority of revolver buyers give a shit about it? No.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Smith and Wesson is still a publicly traded company, right? Consider the optics of explaining in a shareholder’s meeting why, after almost 20 years, you deleted a “safety feature” from one of your popular lines of handguns. Could they? Yes. Do the vast majority of revolver buyers give a shit about it? No.
    You're probably right, with some damned busybody nun who bought one share questioning it.

Still, they could make a run of no-lock guns and sell it as "consumer choice, letting the buyer decide what they want."
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 08-22-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

You're probably right, with some damned busybody nun who bought one share questioning it.

Still, they could make a run of no-lock guns and sell it as "consumer choice, letting the buyer decide what they want."
    THIS

I had a J-frame spontaneously lock itself while shooting, so you're preaching to the choir about how stupid the lock is. It's just that it isn't clear to me that they could make an executive decision to stop putting the lock in all guns, even if they wanted to. My understanding is that its some sort of "settlement," which suggests to me that they have some kind of obligation to continue to do it, but I can't find any real details.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Back to the new Colt's. Haven't seen the weight on this guy and are they actually "in the wild"?

This looks like a new woods loafing fun gun. If it shoots as good as my new Cobra it will see a lot of use.
    Last edited by Zeke38; 08-22-2019 at 11:36 AM.

FFS, nobody gonna do pics? Used to be some standards around here...just sayin.

Name:  King Cobra 1.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  39.3 KB
    Name:  King Cobra 2.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  40.0 KB

Jenkies Scoobie, those are some yuge pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Back to the new Colt's. Haven't seen the weight on this guy and are they actually "in the wild"?

This looks like a new woods loafing fun gun. If it shoots as good as my new Cobra it will see a lot of use.
    Funny you should mention that. I was just trying to find a weight for the King Cobra Target, to no avail.

Colt lists the 2", fixed sight model as 26oz. So even with two more inches of tube, it would come in well under my 4" GP100. At 40 oz. it weighs as much as an N-Frame...

They do not appear to be in the wild yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I was just trying to find a weight for the King Cobra Target, to no avail.

Colt lists the 2", fixed sight model as 26oz. So even with two more inches of tube, it would come in well under my 4" GP100. At 40 oz. it weighs as much as an N-Frame...

They do not appear to be in the wild yet.
    The 3" King is listed at 28oz. I can tell you that the King feels absolutely miniature next to my 4" NY-1 K, since I just shot them side-by-side earlier this week. I really like the new Colts.

If I was a betting man, I’d guess the specs on the 4.2" to be 32.5-33oz when they come out. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Totem Polar; 08-22-2019 at 12:25 PM.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List