Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question about reciprocity once Oklahoma goes full constitutional carry.

Site Supporter
    Dude, you are on the best forum of the net period. Just get a permit, and don't worry about it (as long as you follow the law) if you are in a state that honor Oklahoma permits. If You are in a state that doesn't, then follow their laws and regulations.

Otherwise, sit back, relax, enjoy and learn from the best forum on the net.
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 08-21-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkippySanchez View Post
    This has sure been entertaining.

-------------------------------------------
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
    I guess mine and your ideas of entertainment are certainly two different things....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Dude, you are on the best forum of the net period. Just get a permit, and don't worry about it (as long as you follow the law) if you are in a state that honor Oklahoma permits. If You are in a state that doesn't, then follow their laws and regulations.

Otherwise, sit back, relax, enjoy and learn from the best forum on the net.
    I think following the law regardless of where you’re at, applies first and foremost.

But yeah, I already do have a permission slip. I’ve had it since 2016 and it’ll expire this time 2021 so, at least I’m covered for a while for whatever they decide. Im just curious for everybody else that has never had a permit, how this new legislation will affect them.

I live in a constitutional carry state and I still have to get a permit to carry in other states that recognize WV permits. That's what you, and other Oklahoma residents, will need to do.

Attachment 41539
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I live in a constitutional carry state and I still have to get a permit to carry in other states that recognize WV permits. That's what you, and other Oklahoma residents, will need to do.

Attachment 41539
    Well, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see after they work out all the bugs. But it’s starting to look like there certainly is that possibility of some permit states that will honor our constitutional carry. Or it may just perhaps only be the other permission slip-free states that will honor our new system. Either way, they’ll have just under two years to reconfigure their current reciprocity agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    I guess mine and your ideas of entertainment are certainly two different things....

It’s a pretty simple concept.

Both the need for the permit (or permission slip as you call it) out of state and the dead-horse-beating nature of this thread.

Some states allow permit less carry for all eligible persons. I’m in one now. You can carry there without a permit from your home state, or without them having a reciprocal agreement with your home state.

Some states only allow permit less carry by their residents. Non residents need a permit from their home, or other recognized state.

Some states want a permit to look at.

In no case do I see free permits being issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post

Both the need for the permit (or permission slip as you call it) out of state and the dead-horse-beating nature of this thread.
    Yes, most of the time I refer to infringing permits as permission slips.

Some states allow permit less carry for all eligible persons. I’m in one now. You can carry there without a permit from your home state, or without them having a reciprocal agreement with your home state.
    In Wisconsin?

In no case do I see free permits being issued.
    Well, they could, they just don’t want to. I mean, my state could just charge a small fee for the cost of making the permission slip and to pay someone to make it or, those other states that just have to have a permission slip from us, could just recognize our drivers license as our permit but again, they just simply don’t want to.

Hopefully our neighboring states won’t make us have to still keep an Oklahoma permission slip.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post

In Wisconsin?
    No, New Hampshire on business.

I need a permit in WI. NH is constitutional carry for all eligible persons, so the fact that they don’t have reciprocal recognition with WI is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    No, New Hampshire on business.

I need a permit in WI. NH is constitutional carry for all eligible persons, so the fact that they don’t have reciprocal recognition with WI is moot.
    I figured you were talking about your home state.

Well, after a few exchanges of emails trying to get the exact information I was looking for, you guys are right- the OSBI permit thing is still going to be the same as it always has been, just hopefully only for those states we have reciprocity with who won’t honor our constitutional carry directly.

If you still wish to carry in these states that want that almighty permit, then nothing virtually will change if you insist on carrying to these states and what to do it legally. You’ll still have to maintain a permit, or if you’re one of the many who has never gotten a permit, you’ll still have to pay the on average 60 to 80 bucks to take the redundant SDA class, pay the 25 bucks to your county’s sheriff department for the fingerprinting and initial background check and then have all your application stuff sent to the OSBI for the usually three month long background check along with your 100 or 200 dollar check for the 5 year or ten year permit.

Hopefully the majority of states who still require their residents to have an infringing permission slip will honor our constitutional carry rights just the same as we have all along to the majority of other constitutional carry states.

User Tag List