Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry Fundamentals

Does anyone have a good technique for re holstering AIWB support hand only?
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    So how would a compact Beretta storm px4 that’s been converted to decocker only make as an appendix carry pistol? It used to have a manual thumb safety but not no more. Lol. It’s safety now is the long 10-pound pull DA trigger when not cocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    With an external hammer you can put your thumb over the hammer as you holster. It will make the trigger harder to pull and you should feel the hammer moving and have time to react to something obstructing the holster prior to discharging the pistol.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    With an external hammer you can put your thumb over the hammer as you holster. It will make the trigger harder to pull and you should feel the hammer moving and have time to react to something obstructing the holster prior to discharging the pistol.
    Hmm.

But how comfortable-wise is appendix carry? I thought the video did a good job explaining the better draw and concealment but how comfortable is it having a gun there? I used to IWB carry at right-side 4-5 o’clock but it just got too uncomfortable sitting in a truck seat all day and this was even with a little single-stack 9mm LC9S Ruger in a crossbreed holster but it’s just too uncomfortable anymore.

So how would a compact Beretta storm px4 that’s been converted to decocker only make as an appendix carry pistol? It used to have a manual thumb safety but not no more. Lol. It’s safety now is the long 10-pound pull DA trigger when not cocked.
    Probably the most comprehensive and influential PX4 documentation available anywhere are the threads on this forum started by Ernest Langdon. He carried both the PX4 and PX4 Compact in the appendix position extensively during his testing and product development. Links below.

The PX4 Compact might be my DA/SA Glock 19

Beretta PX4 Storm - Underrated is an Understatement!

And there's no reason to have a 10 pound trigger pull in DA mode with the current options available for the PX4.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Andy in NH View Post

Be careful.

Drills place perceived time pressure on shooters.

Don’t engage in risky behavior. Holster deliberately.
    Last edited by Jay Cunningham; 08-23-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Hmm.

But how comfortable-wise is appendix carry? I thought the video did a good job explaining the better draw and concealment but how comfortable is it having a gun there? I used to IWB carry at right-side 4-5 o’clock but it just got too uncomfortable sitting in a truck seat all day and this was even with a little single-stack 9mm LC9S Ruger in a crossbreed holster but it’s just too uncomfortable anymore.

That’s subjective and depends on the individual, the gun, and the holster. I can tell you that I’ve done two 15 hour road trips carrying a Glock 19 in a Glock 17 holster and was plenty comfortable. I currently carry a gun and holster combination that’s slightly larger and spend a lot of my time at work sitting, either in a vehicle or at a desk and don’t have any comfort issues.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Yes, the thumb will hook under the cover garment and lift it out of the way, then hips forward and do your best to take the muzzle strait to the holster, then gently, carefuly re-holster slow slow slowly..

Not sure why you'd want to holster SHO but this is how I do it.

Much more explanation's in my AIWB skills class
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Hmm.

Comfortable AIWB carry is like a equation, it can be very simple for some (2+2) and very complex for others with factors like, Holster make, holster width, holster length, holster ride height, holster cant, O'clock on the belt, belt selection, pant waist height, pelvis length, pant fit, shirt fit and more that I wont go into here.

Most people that "try: AIWB do it with the wrong gun, to short, the wrong holster not really made for AIWB and the wrong belt, If I could make a starter kit for AIWB it would be a PX4CC, LTT Elite, Glock 19-17-34 and 48, in one of the popular holsters that have Ride Height and Cant adjustment, and does not have a mag pouch attached. then I would add the Foundation belt from LTT/EDC belt company its the best belt ive ever used for AIWB ( the belt needs to be infinitely adjustable)

If you want the 3 hour version of this hit me up for one of my AIWB skills classes.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I've performed many, many SHO draws and even WHO draws, but I've never holstered my firearm WHO. I just can't justify doing it. Use a Blue Gun if you want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdator View Post
    Yes, the thumb will hook under the cover garment and lift it out of the way, then hips forward and do your best to take the muzzle strait to the holster, then gently, carefuly re-holster slow slow slowly..

Not sure why you'd want to holster SHO but this is how I do it.

Much more explanation's in my AIWB skills class

Bold is gold.

User Tag List